Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of the current HWs stands the best chance against a prime Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a sorry list. I bet that list would make Tony Tubbs, Greg Page, Pinklon Thomas, Tim Witherspoon and co puff there chests out in ride.

My God that really hits home how bad it's got.

Of the list well we shall disqualify Vitali for being and admitting (in his own book) to being a steroids cheat.

Wlad has got Ko'd after 25 fights against Ross Purrity. So he has no hope against Mike.

Povetkin who is the best of the Eastern European bunch has the wrong style for Tyson. Tyson would hurt him badly.

Comment

I know.....lol...

Chagaev... Short armed leather faced pub fighter (Poor mans Chuvalo)
      Chambers... A limited survivor without a dig (poor mans Tyrell)
      Peter.... Slower than my Granny (& she's 20 years dead!)
      Povetkin... Hits as hard as my Granny..
      Haye.... Cruiser with a dodgy chin (Michael Spinks come to mind)
      Dimitrenko.... Feasted on bums (The reappearance of Alex Zolkin)
      Johnny Louise... Oh please.....
      Areola.... Too fat (Splat on the mat)
      The Bros..... Bit like the Kray twins (terrorized the weaker ones) See above....

My God!! Tyson would have gone through this lot like a 10 pints of Guinness in a dysintry victim...
      Last edited by mickey malone; 06-21-2009, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post

Aside from the statement that demonstrates you know nothing about what's currently happening in boxing, cut the racist bull****. You're the one obsessed with members of 1 race.

If Philadelphia had a White Heavyweight worth bringing up, I would. Closest we got is the LHW division:

Tommy Loughran
        Battling Levinsky
        Philadelphia Jack O'Brien

So stop trying to play me, you can't.
        ** Play you? I mean to clown you like Jimmy Young did Ali using your "Philly shell defense."

You're the one who showed up playing your race cards on this board. I'm the one holding The Ace of Spades that trumps all the little flimflamers trying to piggy back on the great name of our president.

Here's a new name for ya, MugabeBeMe! What you know about boxing, that's what Mugs knows about running a country!

We'll just make it Mugs for short.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
          I know.....lol...

Chagaev... Short armed leather faced pub fighter (Poor mans Chuvalo)
          20/06/09 Stop press. Apparently not!

Peter.... Slower than my Granny (& she's 20 years dead!)
          Povetkin... Hits as hard as my Granny..
          It was always said that your Granny was unlucky she fought in her era

The Bros..... Bit like the Kray twins (terrorized the weaker ones) See above....
          With as biased and unknowledgable bunch of fans. Or 1960's Robin Hood's if you prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
            20/06/09 Stop press. Apparently not!

It was always said that your Granny was unlucky she fought in her era

With as biased and unknowledgable bunch of fans. Or 1960's Robin Hood's if you prefer.
            Had my sarcy head on for the Chagaev comment... We all know he's better than that, but much like yourself 'old boy' , Iv'e seen better day's... Eras, if you like...

As stated, the likes of (186,000 MPS) Peter & the lantern fisted Povetkin (a white Byrd) would NOT have survived the realms of pugulistic survival during the 'old girls' reign..

The Krays, lol... I 'was brung' up in the East end (London/Irish mongrel, for my sins) & I know too much about those chaps.... I can only say, it was better then... Not like all the racist/drug B/S going on today... Robbing Hoods, they were to, but not in the same concept of the hoodies of today...

Paddy on WWTB a Millionaire...

CHRIS: Paddy.....Which 1 of these 4 Ronnies was a Great Train Robber?
            Was it Barker, Corbett, Biggs or Kray?

PADDY: I don't know.......

CHRIS: Well Paddy..... You can always use a lifeline.......

PADDY: Sorry Chris, I can't answer the question.......

CHRIS: Eeeeemmmmmm, this is a first for Millionaire.... Paddy, can you please explain to the audience WHY you can't answer the question??

PADDY: Oh for sure Chris, That's the easy one! I may have been a few things in my time...

BUT THERE'S NO WAY I'M A ****ING GRASS....

Comment

Had my sarcy head on for the Chagaev comment... We all know he's better than that, but much like yourself 'old boy' , Iv'e seen better day's... Eras, if you like...

As stated, the likes of (186,000 MPS) Peter & the lantern fisted Povetkin (a white Byrd) would NOT have survived the realms of pugulistic survival during the 'old girls' reign..

The Krays, lol... I 'was brung' up in the East end (London/Irish mongrel, for my sins) & I know too much about those chaps.... I can only say, it was better then... Not like all the racist/drug B/S going on today... Robbing Hoods, they were to, but not in the same concept of the hoodies of today...

Paddy on WWTB a Millionaire...

CHRIS: Paddy.....Which 1 of these 4 Ronnies was a Great Train Robber?
              Was it Barker, Corbett, Biggs or Kray?

PADDY: I don't know.......

CHRIS: Well Paddy..... You can always use a lifeline.......

PADDY: Sorry Chris, I can't answer the question.......

CHRIS: Eeeeemmmmmm, this is a first for Millionaire.... Paddy, can you please explain to the audience WHY you can't answer the question??

PADDY: Oh for sure Chris, That's the easy one! I may have been a few things in my time...

BUT THERE'S NO WAY I'M A ****ING GRASS....
              No thought you were spot on with Chaguev just updated the chin part
              Re the twins, yes was a better time then. Guess it comes down to the rules in their era they broke a lot of them but nowadays they would get eaten alive. As you will know, no one talks unguardedly about them myself included.
              What area are you from, pre yuppie Hoxton myself.

Comment

Vitaly would be the first choice,Sam Peter and Chris would make for some serious entertainment though!!!

Comment

I dont really see much chance for any of those HW's but if i had to pick one it would be Vitali, i think he may be able to survive Mikes onslaught for 6 rounds as he has a decent chin and mat be able to take a UD but a very slim chance that is...The rest i dont see getting past 5 rounds. Prime Mike was a freak of nature..

Comment

Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
                    ** Play you? I mean to clown you like Jimmy Young did Ali using your "Philly shell defense."

You're the one who showed up playing your race cards on this board. I'm the one holding The Ace of Spades that trumps all the little flimflamers trying to piggy back on the great name of our president.

Here's a new name for ya, MugabeBeMe! What you know about boxing, that's what Mugs knows about running a country!

We'll just make it Mugs for short.
                    You're the most off topic poster in the entire history section. You're also an extremely repetitive SOB. I'm pretty sure I could take a crack at the name LondonRingRules every time I responded to a post by you, but that'd make me a juvenile. In your case, it makes you an old man in diapers.

Comment

Vitali would stand the best chance cause he has a nice jab and knows how to use distance in the ring.That though, would only prevent him from getting knocked out. He would take an inhuman beating like Razor Rudduck did. Tyson by ud.

Comment

Working...
                      X