No announcement yet.

Measured Against All Time: Dariusz Michalczewski

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
    Michalczewski was a good fighter at his best, a lot of people don't give him the credit he deserves.
    He had a very hard and effective left jab. Roy should have gone to Germany to fight him, like a true world champion would.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
      It was not stated that Jones acheived more at 175; it stated his overall career was more impressive.
      I agree dude,it's obvious.But Roy is more than a legend.MW and HW champ.It's huge.
      In my opinion,DM is a LHW legend.
      If all the 25 dariuz's defenses woulda be seen on HBO by american people,and so american boxin press.It would be an ATG in USA.I really believe it.
      He faced an opposition good as Roy 175 opposition and he fought great fights.

25 defenses!It isn't nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
        I agree dude,it's obvious.But Roy is more than a legend.MW and HW champ.It's huge.
        If all the 25 dariuz's defenses woulda be seen on HBO by american people,and so american boxin press.It would be an ATG in USA.I really believe it.

If all those defenses had been shown in the US public pressure to fight Roy would have made it happen and his numbers probably get cut in half.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
          If all those defenses had been shown in the US public pressure to fight Roy would have made it happen and his numbers probably get cut in half.
          Remains to be seen.
          The Tiger isn't a Monty Griffin,a shot Mc Callum or John Ruiz.
          It's a fight.

Comment

Remains to be seen.
            It's a fight.
            That's the sad thing...it doesn't remain to be seen. Agree it would have been a hell of a fight.

Comment

Remains to be seen.
              It's a fight.
              tiger boy was getting destroyed by griffin until his ref buddy gave him an early stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                tiger boy was getting destroyed by griffin until his ref buddy gave him an early stoppage.
                No he wasn't. He was getting outboxed but the fight was pretty methodical until DM landed his first big right. The hook was a little quick from Cortez, but Griffin's chin was always a huge liability for an otherwise excellent pro.

Comment

When you are an US fighter,you have beat everybody in USA to be ATG.
                  When you are an european fighter,you have to beat everyboy in Europe and in USA tough most of last SMW and LHW champs were in Europe.I LAUGH.

DM isn't an all time great and a great LHW with all these defenses??But Hopkins is a great middleweight??
                  Why??Becuz B Hop lost his titles to Jones and Taylor??Because he fought blown up welterweight legends and bums like Joppy??
                  Or because overated Pavlik is great at 170??Gimmy a break.It's all about HBO.Don't get me wrong,Hopkins is a great middleweight,but Dariuz is a great LHW too.
                  joppy is a bum now? you have revealed your ignorance. being wba champ for almost 7 years=bum ok. next time say hakkar it makes more sense.

Comment

no he didn't. why don't you go look it up. he only fought like 5 guys ranked in the top 10. roy fought much more. ring is biased though right euro-boy. the ring doesn't understand how good guys like Ka-Dy King, Nestor Hipolito Giovannini and Everardo Armenta Jr really are.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      no he didn't. why don't you go look it up. he only fought like 5 guys ranked in the top 10. roy fought much more. ring is biased though right euro-boy. the ring doesn't understand how good guys like Ka-Dy King, Nestor Hipolito Giovannini and Everardo Armenta Jr really are.
                      For the record on comp:

DM fought six guys who at some point held the lineal or a major belt at 75 (Barber, Rocchigianni, Hill, Griffin, Gonzalez, Tiozzo) going 5-2 w/ 2 KOs, stopped once. Easily could have been 4-3 and stopped twice depending on how one views Rocky I.

Roy fought ten who at some point held lineal/major titles at 75 (McCallum, Griffin, Hill, Del Valle, Johnson, Gonzalez, Woods, Tarver, Johnson, Calzaghe) going 8-5 w/3 KO and stopped twice. Could easily have been 7-4 depending on how one saw Tarver I (I thought RJ pulled that one by a point).

Roy's comp was slightly tougher but not by eons. These two needed each other historically speaking withing the confines of 75.

Comment

Working...
                      X