No announcement yet.

Canelo would never survive this onslaught, and he knows it:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
    Boobies!!! back to the stupid posts I see?

Comment

has GGG ever gone a full 12 rounds in a fight??? im curious to see how he performs if he has to go all 12 rounds and is getting countered in the process?

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
        What, is Canelo going to develop some Floyd like magical boxing ability over night? He's a very ordinary, average fighter. He has nothing to keep Golovkin off him. He does not the power to keep Golovkin from doing what he wants, and he doesn't have the speed and ability to outbox Golovkin for 12 rounds without suffering that same type of sustained punishment until he's done.

Canelo would be in survival mode the moment Golovkin starts to land some combos, and Golovkin is going to be able to pick his spots however he likes, and construct and beautiful and brutal beat down.
        Canelo does some nice counter uppercuts off the ropes. He wouldnt give GGG a chance to tee off on him like that

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
          Revisiting this round 8 between Golovkin-Stevens. That was simply a master class of a round from Golovkin. He thoroughly and systematically beat Stevens ass from the beginning of that round to the very end, beginning with a thunderous body shot. The way he worked the body in that round was beautiful to watch.
          56 out of 101 power shots

Stevens surviving that to the end of the bell was amazing as well.

Start at 46:00 seconds

....Canelo is an overall better fighter with different strengths and weakness than stevens. Also two different styles.

its like saying wouldnt GGG survive the punch kirkland got ko'ed with....kind of hollow statement. how do we know GGG or Canelo wouldnt avoid the money shot altogether. too bad the fight is in limbo

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
            So, you are saying that, if Canelo stands still and allows Golovkin to tee off on him, Canelo will not survive. What a profound observation. I believe Pacquaio said the same thing about Floyd Mayweather!
            damn.....gooooooot eeeeeeeem!!

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
              Not only is Canelo a better boxer than Stevens, hes also a better boxer than Golovkin. He has better reflexes, and has much faster hands with good timing and counter punch ability. It's almost like you're viewing canelo as if he was an ordinary fighter. You're not taking into account canelo's gifts (not only talking about judges here btw lol). I can't see Golovkin knocking canelo out, that won't happen. Lemieux chin was able to hold up and he was able to stay away from golovkin in terms of survival, even tho he was getting his ass beat. Canelo will be able to do that, and will be able to score points and win rounds while doing it as well because of his boxing ability. At the very least there is no way he gets stopped unless he gets caught and ko'd.
              Fair enough. It's opinions man. FWIW I think that Canelo is a very solid fighter who does a couple of things very well, most notably his counterpunching, but is let down by less than stellar footwork and ring generalshup and questionable stamina - though he is certainly still improving. Is it possible he's a better boxer than GGG? Well - I suppose we'll only find out if they fight, but I'm not really seeing it.

Comment

Working...
              X