Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward on Adversity: It's All Just Made Me into a Monster!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward on Adversity: It's All Just Made Me into a Monster!

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - When it comes to street cred, Andre Ward's clearly got collateral. Though the 2004 Olympic champion and consensus professional elite has fought for pay just three times in the last 51 months, he's managed to maintain the sort of lofty regard most full-timers would kill for.
    [Click Here To Read More]

good to know he's still delusional. still claiming he couldn't fight anyone good because he was injured and he was in a lawsuit(his own fault) he could have fought bute but instead said bute didn't deserve it and went for a kessler rematch. could have fought stevenson but said stevenson hadn't beaten anyone(they had both just beaten dawson), said he cuoldn't fight froch because the location wasn't the right place, couldn't fight ggg because he wasn't ready.

back to the lawsuit...he had many fights offered but only wanted to fight guys hbo wouldn't approve. we have fact checked. you need to come back to reality. we know you tried to fight guys like truax, sartison, periban over and over. barrera better not be a one and done from this epic fraud. you can't rig this tournament in your favor ward. you used up all your good will.

Comment

Win or lose, we'll get a good idea of what Ward has left on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        couldn't fight ggg because he wasn't ready.
        Actually he couldn't fight GGG because Team GGG said he didn't make financial sense and that it had to be at 164 or no fight.

You're a perfect example of what Ward was talking about. You don't check your facts.

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        Win or lose, we'll get a good idea of what Ward has left on Saturday.
        Yep. Win or lose we'll get a good snapshot of where Ward's abilities currently stand.

Comment

Did the 'monster' mention Bandieras or da Krusha' in the interview?

Comment

...he could have fought bute but instead said bute didn't deserve it and went for a kessler rematch...
            Kessler > Bute

I like Ward as a person, great guy and all. Not a huge fan of his style, although extremely effective and I see his skills. But I think his style can be cracked by a guy like Kovalev. Just looking at Boxrec, Ward's never really fought someone like Kovalev before. The dude's a beast, long, and possesses an iron will who won't stop or be dissuaded by Ward's clinches. And I really don't think Ward takes a great punch. And don't bring up the Boone fight, that was a hard uppercut, but even there, that's one example.

Ward should look great against Barrera. And I'm not rooting for either guy versus him and Kov. Just hoping the fight goes off this year.

Ward/Kov and GGG/Canelo are my must have's for the year.
            Last edited by taste; 03-22-2016, 05:55 AM.

Comment

good to know he's still delusional. still claiming he couldn't fight anyone good because he was injured and he was in a lawsuit(his own fault) he could have fought bute but instead said bute didn't deserve it and went for a kessler rematch. could have fought stevenson but said stevenson hadn't beaten anyone(they had both just beaten dawson), said he cuoldn't fight froch because the location wasn't the right place, couldn't fight ggg because he wasn't ready.

back to the lawsuit...he had many fights offered but only wanted to fight guys hbo wouldn't approve. we have fact checked. you need to come back to reality. we know you tried to fight guys like truax, sartison, periban over and over. barrera better not be a one and done from this epic fraud. you can't rig this tournament in your favor ward. you used up all your good will.

wow, that was a good ol cry

Comment

Dam You Have A Lot To Say - why? So much so that you are a troll! So just poke holes from when he won the Olympic Gold all the way up to the present? According to you, he should have been a lawyer or something - possibly a auto mechanic.. surprised you didn't start dissing his kids and wife - you are one of the reason's why I barely engage on these boxing sites - because you know nothing about the sport, what it takes to be good to great to elite! The preperation, the sacrifice, the toll on the body! The man has already had a 10 year career...... go on and keep supporting the easy guys to support the GGG's who are working on their 15 title defense against no bodies - guys who have fought 1 or 2 world champs with 15 title defenses - WTF is that about?? But you write a diss thesis about a proven fighter? Then talk about fact check - if you truly knew the sport you would understand that you can poke holes in 99% of the greats careers / resume's! With the exception of Ali and Sugar Ray Robinson - the amount of hate this Countries last Olympic Gold Medalist receives is comical - reading half of you haters post - I feel like batman saving young boxing fans minds from the Joker a hell bent hater that knows shyt- get your boxrec - bias hate checking a$$ out of here - Learn the sport and it's nuances before you hate on a active Hall of famer's career! How many fighters you know clear out a division, then goes up and takes a stern test and has his path lined up with the undisputed Champ at the new weight class? I bet you can name a few - then look in the mirror and make sure you put Ward with that list because that's what he is doing - hater

Comment

Are you saying he is a fraud like PAC or worse??

Comment

Originally posted by taste View Post
                    Kessler > Bute

I like Ward as a person, great guy and all. Not a huge fan of his style, although extremely effective and I see his skills. But I think his style can be cracked by a guy like Kovalev. Just looking at Boxrec, Ward's never really fought someone like Kovalev before. The dude's a beast, long, and possesses an iron will who won't stop or be dissuaded by Ward's clinches. And I really don't think Ward takes a great punch. And don't bring up the Boone fight, that was a hard uppercut, but even there, that's one example.

Ward should look great against Barrera. And I'm not rooting for either guy versus him and Kov. Just hoping the fight goes off this year.

Ward/Kov and GGG/Canelo are my must have's for the year.
                    ... Of course Kessler was better than Bute...
                    ... But, you see, Ward in the Super Six was 'contracted' to fight Kessler, Abraham and Froch... Immediately after he came out of the tournament he fought exactly who he wanted: Sad Chad (badly drained and confused at 168), E-Rod and Paul Schmidt...

Comment

Working...
                    X