Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frampton vs. Quigg: BoxingScene.com Staff Predictions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought more people would be on the Frampton bandwagon with me. Maybe I should have watch some more tape of Quigg?? I think Frampton's only threat is Rigo

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      I've only seen Quigg once or twice but Frampton will be on point today. If he is firing on all cylinders, I expect him to win a UD, possibly stopping Quigg in rounds 9-12. Could be completely wrong obviously, however, from what I've seen, Frampton is the better boxer.
      Only maybe 3 times I've seen Quigg, whereas I've watched every one of Frampton's fights since Martinez I. If they're seriously picking Quigg based on his KO of Martinez, they're not being clever about it – 3 years ago Martinez had much more in the tank. And those picking against Frampton based on the KDs in his last fight are downright stupid.

Comment

if i have to make one pick i'll go with quigg decision maybe very close. Just think frampton will try and box and maybe be able to do that for 4 or 5 rounds but then lose momentum........

Comment

Originally posted by BoxngLove View Post
          I thought more people would be on the Frampton bandwagon with me. Maybe I should have watch some more tape of Quigg?? I think Frampton's only threat is Rigo
          The problem is he struggles to make 122 now and was lethargic in his last fight as a result. Is on record for saying that 122 is difficult and he wanted to goto 126.

He may very well lose on the scales on top of having a very game, dangerous opponent in front of him. 2 fights ago i was certain on Rigo could beat him. After his last fight, I think he needs to get out of the division

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
            Only maybe 3 times I've seen Quigg, whereas I've watched every one of Frampton's fights since Martinez I. If they're seriously picking Quigg based on his KO of Martinez, they're not being clever about it – 3 years ago Martinez had much more in the tank. And those picking against Frampton based on the KDs in his last fight are downright stupid.
            They're picking quigg based on carl admitting 122 is tough to make and him looking lethargic in his last outting.

Comment

How many hours until the the main event from now?

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                They're picking quigg based on carl admitting 122 is tough to make and him looking lethargic in his last outting.
                His last outing being almost a year ago, against a no-name opponent he overlooked and didn't give a shit about. He'll have made the weight just fine for this fight – the biggest of his career. Again, I say if they're picking Quigg on that, that ain't clever.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                  How many hours until the the main event from now?
                  About 4-5 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                    About 4-5 hours.
                    Thanks man

Comment

Quigg has less "special effects" and natural talent than Frampton, which is why I expected more people to back Frampton. Quigg is a bit too stiff and his transition from offense to defense isn't fluid. His biggest advantages are size/reach/stamina/in-fighting.

Comment

Working...
                      X