Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antoine Douglas, what you think of him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antoine Douglas, what you think of him?

He appears to have the goods, but Soro rocked him and he never recovered. Has me worried for his future ceiling, what you guys think?

I'm rolling with dude.

He's alright until those fast twitch muscles sap his energy reminds somewhat of Jermain Taylor.

Everything comes at you the same way , Soro just waited for him to tire but he should of started sooner.

Comment

Damn near knocked out in his last fight......his mother is nothing but a noisy yap machine with an attitude. He is too predictable and not good at pacing himself and yeah, twitch muscles will drain a fighter.
      Last edited by richardt; 08-23-2014, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Y'all wanna jump on the band wagon yet?

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
          Not on his bandwagon, but I have monitored his career since April of 2014. He looks solid. He could become great.

Comment

I'm on board - i have the same reservations about his ceiling but I like how he's improving. Soro has gone on a good run and beat some guys so that is a silver lining so far.

Not sure what I like most, might be how he moves around... he can go in any direction and take the fight where the sequences where he wants..not to be confused with a mover. Maybe one more fight, a tough one, then he can graduate from Shobox. It's SHOBOX so - why not the other undefeated Magomedov who was the co-feature? Who wins?
            Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 07-18-2015, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Really good fighter not sold yet maybe two more fights and then take on tougher, top 10 points in his division

Comment

Not yet, but he looks good for being yung doe.

Comment

He appears to have the goods, but Soro rocked him and he never recovered. Has me worried for his future ceiling, what you guys think?

I'm rolling with dude.
                  You have to give Douglass a pass on the Soro fight, that was a man vs boy fight. Douglass is very young and fighting at a high level already. As long as he's matched up properly and continues to develop he's got the goods to be a top MW.

How many guys at 22 years old are taking fights like Douglass & Magomedov? Andre Ward at 22 was hurt bad vs Boone, and if not for 20 seconds left in the round he might've lost. Lemieux at 22 got caught being careless vs Rubio and wasn't mentally recovered vs Alcine. Joe Greene comes to mind, at 22 he had the best year of his career but his promoters fell apart and his activity level dropped, then he took a loss to Matirosyn and never recovered mentally. James Toney came in at 22 and fought Michael Nunn and lost the first 6 rounds badly before upsetting the world.

Comment

Working...
                  X