No announcement yet.

Why is Overeem so overhyped..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
    Most American fans know of MMA as UFC. Most American fans don't know of The Reem. Generally speaking there is no hype around Alistair. No one even ****ing knows his name, let alone skill set. Yet even kids in gyms call MMA UFC......In my gym, usually about 200 strong, the people who know Alistair only know him because of me. I puts his fights on the big screen projector and we get it in theatre style....inversely, I get a consistent flow of new and old wanting to be the next ultimate fighter. No one ever comes to me and asks to learn MMA...it's ALWAYS Ultimate Fighting.......Who the ****s got the hype train? I still get kids who don't know Brock isn't the champion....Brock was super hyped to the point alot of people don't know he's lost past Mir 1.... Stupid, stupid, disconnected from the world style question the OP supposes. Get off the Internet homie and interact with the ******* down the block. He'll tell ya he's training to be a UFC fighter.
    Stop talking gibberish..

It's clear that i am talking about the more hardcore MMA fans or MMA nerds as you call them.. rather then the casual viewers or kids. Why the **** would i be posting here in the first place otherwise??

Comment

Originally posted by KING DUCK View Post
      Stop talking gibberish..

It's clear that i am talking about the more hardcore MMA fans or MMA nerds as you call them.. rather then the casual viewers or kids. Why the **** would i be posting here in the first place otherwise??
      How the **** does that change a god damn thing? Your still trying to compare fan hype vs promotional company marketing engine. No matter what your argument there is no bases for over-hype. He's entering the most hyped league in MMA. From Cain to Coleman the UFC is over-hyped. Alistair will be. Y'all will totally exaggerate what you've seen, and what it means to MMA, but that happens after the marketing engine. Of course he's not over hyped...there are plenty in the UFC no one will argue for. Hell. ****ing Buentello was a part of the UFC before Alistair, and after losing in SF to The Reem. Was Alistair more deserving? yeah. Is he presently more deserving than say Berry, Strurve, or Kongo? ****ing yes. What happened to that damn can Hardonk? Alistair would have ****ed him up so bad his momma would feel it. He should have been in the UFC a long ass time ago. Hype's ****ing stupid. He belongs more than 90% of the roster. He is with out a doubt one of the top five in the division. Cain and JDS your gonna rank one and two because the UFC told you to, now who? Carwin will gass. Brock's gonna put his head down and run. Nog's way too old, and slow. Mir's got an ankle grabbing chance, but first he's gonna get laid out by a right, and maybe not get that ankle. Nelson's guard is all wrong. Crocop's gonna get ****ed even harder. Schuab's a ****ing idiot. There simply isn't enough good HW for him to not be good. Hell, if the UFC hadn't ****ed you head you'd be disappointed in them all. Sure AO's got holes. Struve has more. Kongo's got more.

cute ****ing puppy.
      Last edited by Marchegiano; 10-22-2011, 02:30 PM.

Comment

LOL see this is what i am talking about..

His fanbois seem to think putting on 40lbs of muscle has turned him from a skilled fighter who usually came up short vs top comp too a complete beast who now destroys everyone...

When is reality the only top guy he has fought in ages at HW is Werdum and his old problems at LHW resurfaced yet again (Cardio).

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
        Overeem is a beast, he's not all hype. Anybody that has followed MMA can clearly see he was weight drained at 205. He's 6ft5 & was walking around at 240lbs, ffs!

He's destroying guys & whilst they might be labelled ''bums'' by few, you can clearly see Overeem isn't the same fighter he was at 205 & the way he is dispatching of these guys is insane.

He's now going into the UFC anyway, stepping up in opposition. We'll see him tested & whilst he may lose a fight or so, I assure you he is not over-hyped, if anything he is underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
          How the **** does that change a god damn thing? Your still trying to compare fan hype vs promotional company marketing engine. No matter what your argument there is no bases for over-hype. He's entering the most hyped league in MMA. From Cain to Coleman the UFC is over-hyped. Alistair will be. Y'all will totally exaggerate what you've seen, and what it means to MMA, but that happens after the marketing engine. Of course he's not over hyped...there are plenty in the UFC no one will argue for. Hell. ****ing Buentello was a part of the UFC before Alistair, and after losing in SF to The Reem. Was Alistair more deserving? yeah. Is he presently more deserving than say Berry, Strurve, or Kongo? ****ing yes. What happened to that damn can Hardonk? Alistair would have ****ed him up so bad his momma would feel it. He should have been in the UFC a long ass time ago. Hype's ****ing stupid. He belongs more than 90% of the roster. He is with out a doubt one of the top five in the division. Cain and JDS your gonna rank one and two because the UFC told you to, now who? Carwin will gass. Brock's gonna put his head down and run. Nog's way too old, and slow. Mir's got an ankle grabbing chance, but first he's gonna get laid out by a right, and maybe not get that ankle. Nelson's guard is all wrong. Crocop's gonna get ****ed even harder. Schuab's a ****ing idiot. There simply isn't enough good HW for him to not be good. Hell, if the UFC hadn't ****ed you head you'd be disappointed in them all. Sure AO's got holes. Struve has more. Kongo's got more.

cute ****ing puppy.
          Seriously shut the hell up with that crap.. the UFC ****ed with my head? right when i went on record in this thread saying i believed who wouldn't have won the Strikeforce tourney?

I'd like to see the post of him not being deserving of a place in UFC as well lol.. He clearly was/is.

I just don't see this beast @ HW unlike his fans.. he needs to step up and dominate a few top heavy to prove he is really this different fighter from LHW

Comment

Overeem is a former K1 world champion where the best kickboxers fight, he is also a former ADCC European champion. Overeem is way better than any UFC fighter striking and far better than any current UFC fighter on the ground (excluding faded legends like Nog).

Overeem has probably more fights and more experience than the top 10 UFC HW fighters combined.

Im going with Overeem by KO in the first round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZcvMmI8vOk
            Last edited by monaroCountry; 10-28-2011, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Overeem is one of most successful and popular fighters to never fight in the UFC. He's done a lot in the sport so far.

Not sure if he can beat JDS or Cain, but I'd bet money he'd run through the other heavyweights in the UFC without too much trouble.

I was kind of hoping Frank Mir would be his debut fight. I never get tired of seeing Mir get his ass handed to him.

Comment

Originally posted by N!GGALAS CAGE View Post
                Overeem is one of most successful and popular fighters to never fight in the UFC. He's done a lot in the sport so far.

Not sure if he can beat JDS or Cain, but I'd bet money he'd run through the other heavyweights in the UFC without too much trouble.

I was kind of hoping Frank Mir would be his debut fight. I never get tired of seeing Mir get his ass handed to him.
                Considering that JDS and Cain's primary weapon of choice has been their striking, im sure Overeem have seen far better strikers in his lifetime.

JDS and especially Cain are pretty inexperienced compared with Overeem.

Cain was especially troubled by Cheick Kongo, Kongo isnt exactly K1 level striker.
                Last edited by monaroCountry; 10-28-2011, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Werdum was especially in experienced in the forms of K-1 Striking and what happend?

Comment

Originally posted by Blair_Wells#32 View Post
                    Werdum was especially in experienced in the forms of K-1 Striking and what happend?
                    Werdum isnt a bad striker, but his level of ground game would make any striker go super cautious. One miss timed kick or punch and the fight does to ground with Werdum leaving with an arm or a leg.

This is where Overeem's experince comes in, even though Overeem is a far better striker, he didnt go in there going crazy with kicks and punches. Brock would make this mistake though. A bit like the Mir v Brock 1.

Comment

Working...
                    X