No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Dirty Tactics and Tricks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    Floyd Mayweather used a lot of dirty tactics in his fights. He relies on these tricks because his boxing ability has flaws.

Some people think he is a pure boxer an pugilist, he far from that.

Ok first up we have the "forearm choke", as in the Hatton fight and other, we have seen use this maneuverer in clinches.

Floyd to stop his opponent from working on the inside would initiate the clinch, hold with one arm while using the free forearm and pushing it up into his opponent's throat. These clinches slow the fight down and the forearm in the throat looks to choke his opponent and sap their energy.

Next up we have Mayweather straight right, many think this is a great pure punch by Mayweather but watch what he does when he throws it.

Most of the time he throws it it a counter, leans back to avoid the shot then throws the right, lands it then the follow through tying his opponent up with the free arm, stopping the action.

It is just a hit and hold technique, not pure boxing now is it?

Ducking under the belt line, Mayweather does do this though he hasn't that much in his recent fights, not really queensbury now. This also just show the the back of his head to his opponent, and even if a glancing blow catches him he makes the most of it.

Mayweather can also turn his back on opponents when the punches are flying. This is one thing the referees should crack down.

You should be facing your opponent at all times, when a fighter is starts doing this he is just running trying to stop the action not good for the fans and it is not boxing.

Floyd uses spoiling tactics as apart of his fight game, is there any that I have missed out?
    very gud thread. intelligent analysis. green K.

Comment

I consider versatility a key part of being a pure boxer, being dirty on the inside is just the way business gets done there, if you aren't willing to get down and dirty you have no business trying to fight on the inside.

Comment

its the fight game. every great used other tactics besides just plain punching. from marciano to ali foreman tyson holyfield all the mexican greats. this is a pointless thread
        keep hating on floyd lol. everything you say about him you can say about the rest of the greats. until you get in the ring you cant say ****.

boxing is more than punching to the head its still form of fighting and about winning.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather used a lot of dirty tactics in his fights. He relies on these tricks because his boxing ability has flaws.

Some people think he is a pure boxer an pugilist, he far from that.

Ok first up we have the "forearm choke", as in the Hatton fight and other, we have seen use this maneuverer in clinches.

Floyd to stop his opponent from working on the inside would initiate the clinch, hold with one arm while using the free forearm and pushing it up into his opponent's throat. These clinches slow the fight down and the forearm in the throat looks to choke his opponent and sap their energy.

Next up we have Mayweather straight right, many think this is a great pure punch by Mayweather but watch what he does when he throws it.

Most of the time he throws it it a counter, leans back to avoid the shot then throws the right, lands it then the follow through tying his opponent up with the free arm, stopping the action.

It is just a hit and hold technique, not pure boxing now is it?

Ducking under the belt line, Mayweather does do this though he hasn't that much in his recent fights, not really queensbury now. This also just show the the back of his head to his opponent, and even if a glancing blow catches him he makes the most of it.

Mayweather can also turn his back on opponents when the punches are flying. This is one thing the referees should crack down.

You should be facing your opponent at all times, when a fighter is starts doing this he is just running trying to stop the action not good for the fans and it is not boxing.

Floyd uses spoiling tactics as apart of his fight game, is there any that I have missed out?
          ******* maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Champ Is Here View Post
            LMAO homie used his forearm in the Hatton fight. All of a sudden he always use his elbow. First he used his elbow to pull away and push off cause Hatton was the one holding

2. Throwing a straight right and falling in isn't illegal

3. Saying he cant turn his body back and forth is ******ed. U are ******ed. Wtf are you talking about

Floyd inside game is based on illegal tactics. On the inside, he looks to use his forearm elbow and not to punch. Not something a pure boxer does.

Throwing a straight right and clinching, is a spoiling tactic, fighters get warned for excessive clinching, then points deducted and some boxer have even gotten DQ for it.

Boxer are meant to face there opponent, not turn there back on them, he did this against Hatton a few time. That is not pure boxing.

Floyd is far from a great pugilist, and relies a lot on spoiling tactics and getting away with what he can.

A lot of boxers use these tactics too, but they are not consider pure boxers, Floyd is not a pure boxer.

Also these are Floyd's habits and they will be things Manny can exploit if they fight each other.

Floyd likes to think he adapts and changes his style to the opponent but he has many habits.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              I consider versatility a key part of being a pure boxer, being dirty on the inside is just the way business gets done there, if you aren't willing to get down and dirty you have no business trying to fight on the inside.
              I see it very different a pure boxer, does not need to break the rules and relies on his striking ability and the skill he employs to avoid punches, be that be slipping punches, head movement footwork or guard.

Granted Floyd has the defence part down but he has decent striking ability, good accuracy and speed but lack variety and combos.

But Floyd also relies on the dirty part of the game.

Floyd inside game is bad, and thats why he needs these dirty spoiling tactics, which the ref should be having words with him about.

I want to watch boxing not someone ramming there forearm in there opponents face and punch and hold.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post
                its the fight game. every great used other tactics besides just plain punching. from marciano to ali foreman tyson holyfield all the mexican greats. this is a pointless thread
                keep hating on floyd lol. everything you say about him you can say about the rest of the greats. until you get in the ring you cant say ****.

boxing is more than punching to the head its still form of fighting and about winning.

Some of them were far worse than Floyd but I don't hear on forum everyday about Marciano being a pure boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                  I welcome this, it's one of the many things I like about Floyd. He does intentionally use the elbows/ forearms too so now...where is Horus?
                  This, who gives a **** about dirty tactics, ref job to call that **** out, everyone who knows how does it. the funniest thing is that its mostly Hatton fans complaining about it.

Comment

Some of them were far worse than Floyd but I don't hear on forum everyday about Marciano being a pure boxer.
                    Being dirty doesn't stop you from being a pure boxer, Charles who is a far better example of a "pure boxer" was dirtier than Mayweather, get over it *****.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                      This, who gives a **** about dirty tactics, ref job to call that **** out, everyone who knows how does it. the funniest thing is that its mostly Hatton fans complaining about it.
                      Yes the refs should be doing something about, just like the should stop Ward and Bradley headbutting.

Do you like seeing headbutts and and elbows in fight, I don't, I like seeing boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X