Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A moment of silence for the next 4-5 weeks of boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
    sooo that post was a joke.

Though I think Floyd v Hatton was right there. Had butterflies in my stomach for that fight. A long time in the making.
    I was hyped for Floyd - Hatton... But I still knew Floyd would win.

This fight... I have no idea who will win.. not a single clue.

I love this fight, absolutely love it.

Although Roy Jones Danny Green is the best fight on the list

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
    There's people talking about ratings and buys. But i thought you were just talking about the great fights,right?
    Im just talking about the great fights coming up in the next month

Comment

• Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      I was hyped for Floyd - Hatton... But I still knew Floyd would win.

This fight... I have no idea who will win.. not a single clue.

I love this fight, absolutely love it.

Although Roy Jones Danny Green is the best fight on the list

Im just talking about the great fights coming up in the next month

yeah i think it will come down to how ****ing FAST Manny is.

Comment

Dates, Fighters and Networks subject to change*

Friday, November 6th

Independent PPV
        Zab Judah vs Ubaldo Hernandez
        Joel Casamayor vs Jason Davis

Saturday, November 7th

HBO WCB
        Chad Dawson vs Glen Johnson
        Alfredo Angulo vs Harry Joe Yorgey

Independent PPV
        David Haye vs Nikolai Valuev

Saturday, November 14th

HBO PPV
        Miguel Cotto vs Manny Pacquiao

Saturday, November 21st

SHOWTIME
        Andre Ward vs Mikkel Kessler

Saturday, November 28th

HBO BAD
        Joan Guzman vs Ali Funeka
        Lucian Bute vs Librado Andrade

Wednesday, December 2nd

Versus
        Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Green
        Bernard Hopkins vs Enrique Ornelas

Saturday, December 5th

HBO WCB
        Paul Williams vs Sergio Martinez

TBD
        Chris Arreola vs Brian Minto

Independent PPV
        Amir Khan vs Dmitriy Salita

Friday, December 11th

Independent PPV
        Winky Wright vs Grady Brewer

ESPN Classic (Not for sure yet)
        Jean Pascal vs Adrian Diaconu

Saturday, December 12th

HBO BAD
        Paulie Malignaggi vs Juan Diaz II
        Victor Ortiz vs Antonio Diaz

SHOWTIME
        Timothy Bradley vs Lamont Peterson
        Vic Darchinyan vs Tomas Rojas

German-based RTL in Europe
        Vitali Klitschko vs Kevin Johnson

Will all be fighting for us in the next 4-5 weeks. Feel free to add more that I forgot.
        Damn dog, that is a lot of fights

Let's cross our fingers that none of these fights get cancelled

Comment

• Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
          yeah i think it will come down to how ****ing FAST Manny is.
          Zab and Mosley was fast. I hate to mention Zab compared to Pac, but as far as hand speed and southpaw.. you know what Im saying.

Cotto is able to handle speed with his great timing ability. I like Cottos jab in this fight.

But Pac is on another level, and the comparable intensity training between pac and cotto is huge.

I am probably SLIGHTLY leaning towards Pac, and Im talking a 1 degree tilt.

Comment

• I am not overly amped about that fight, but not having large expectation makes it easier to surpass them though. It should be enjoyable none the less.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              I am not overly amped about that fight, but not having large expectation makes it easier to surpass them though. It should be enjoyable none the less.
              You're not amped about pac cotto?!

Comment

You're not amped about pac cotto?!
                Not overly amped, I am looking forward but my expectations are in check.

Comment

Not overly amped, I am looking forward but my expectations are in check.
                  I dont know who will win and i have no idea what to expect... but I think its going to be two forces coming to a crash... going to be interesting to see how the fight breaks down.

Comment

I dont know who will win and i have no idea what to expect... but I think its going to be two forces coming to a crash... going to be interesting to see how the fight breaks down.
                    For me to be super amped it would have to be two great fighters, Pacman is great no doubt but I have my doubts about Cotto's true greatness and I don't know if this fight really solves that for me even if he wins big.

All that is true about the fight which is why I am looking forward to it, but truth be told I was looking forward to Pavlik-Williams more, this is a big fight but really what does it mean in the grand scheme of things. It should be a very interesting fight and I will be watching, but to me it ain't the second comming of Leonard-Hearns 1.

Some people do feel that way about the fight though and I have no issue with people getting excited about any fight.

Comment

For me to be super amped it would have to be two great fighters, Pacman is great no doubt but I have my doubts about Cotto's true greatness and I don't know if this fight really solves that for me even if he wins big.

All that is true about the fight which is why I am looking forward to it, but truth be told I was looking forward to Pavlik-Williams more, this is a big fight but really what does it mean in the grand scheme of things. It should be a very interesting fight and I will be watching, but to me it ain't the second comming of Leonard-Hearns 1.

Some people do feel that way about the fight though and I have no issue with people getting excited about any fight.
                      You're preaching to the choir about Pavlik Williams... oh man was I excited for THAT!!!!!!.

What a letdown... Williams-Martinez @ 154 would have come close.. but at 160, it's just filler entertainment without the meaning.

Cotto still has work to do to become GREAT, but he gets closer every fight, I think he is a VERY good fighter... and I think if he beats Pac he should get a lot of credit, especially being that he is being sucked down in weight a little bit.

I am curious to see what Pac does should he beat Cotto... will he look for more fights at 147... the REAL 147? Maybe Shane or Floyd, could be great.

I also think if Cotto beats Pac, Floyd might finally fight him, I actually think that could happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X