No announcement yet.

Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Prince Naseem Hamed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    People acting like a prime Naz couldn't box, smh.

Naz was fast, the best reflexes in the game at the time and could punch. If damn Norwood can beat Marquez at FW, what you think Naz would do?

Plus, when Naz was wrecking 126, Marquez wasn't even in his prime, that didn't happen till 02/03, when he got his second world title shot.

Prime Naz over the 98/99 version of JMM all day and twice on Sundays.
    Naz made the same mistakes his whole career. Leaning back, overrating his own chin. Kelley almost KO'd him and Barrera made easy work of him.

That tells me that Marquez, who was light years more precise than Kelley, would have KO'd Hamed inside of 9 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by NorvernRob View Post
      What round? He didn't hurt him at all.

It's like you guys never even watched him. He beat 9 current, past or future World Champions. Ruled his division and lots of fighters didn't want it.
      Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
      You are crazy, Barrera hurt him in the fight.

And Hamed never fought real bangers with elite skills like JMM.
      And Kevin Kelley CERTAINLY hurt him. Only time I've seen a fighter get knocked down twice off one exchange.

Comment

llmfaoooo the brits and their islamist sympathizing selves still trying to crown hamed....

Comment

People acting like a prime Naz couldn't box, smh.

Naz was fast, the best reflexes in the game at the time and could punch. If damn Norwood can beat Marquez at FW, what you think Naz would do?

Plus, when Naz was wrecking 126, Marquez wasn't even in his prime, that didn't happen till 02/03, when he got his second world title shot.

Prime Naz over the 98/99 version of JMM all day and twice on Sundays.
          That fight of JMM vs Norwood was very close. And JMM knocked down one time Norwood but the referee didn't count the down.

JMM is way better than Hamed.

Barrera outboxed Hamed counterpunching. Easy work for JMM.

Comment

Marquez will sit in the pocket and counter him all night long. The trouble with Hamed is he had a very low work rate and wasn't a combination puncher. The key in defeating Marquez is to outbox him by using a lot of distance, staying out the exchanges and beating him to the punch.

Naseem Hamed would do just the opposite of that because he considers himself a huge slugger/puncher. He would attempt to bum rush JMM by throwing single punches at a time, as he attempts to land those leaping left uppercut hay makers, while getting hit with precision like, accurate and surgical counter punches in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
              Naz made the same mistakes his whole career. Leaning back, overrating his own chin. Kelley almost KO'd him and Barrera made easy work of him.

That tells me that Marquez, who was light years more precise than Kelley, would have KO'd Hamed inside of 9 rounds.
              Hamed had sharp reflexes and only got caught off balance. I think he waso nly ever hurt once in his career and that was against Kelley. Even then, he came back and stopped him in brutal fashion.

What makes you think a green Marquez, who had lost to a c lister like Norwood would beat a prime Naz?

Comment

Originally posted by KeyboardWarrior View Post
                Now I know? I was an avid fan back and saw the Sanchez broadcast live and have followed Naz since his broadcasts were televised.
                I don't have anything to prove, if you don't think HBO was great at putting the short notice spin on these situations regarding their Exclusive Fighters then we have nothing further to discuss.

And I am by no means a JMM supporter but I was present and it was Naz that was avoiding JMM.
                who turned down the fight?

Comment

Hamed had sharp reflexes and only got caught off balance. I think he waso nly ever hurt once in his career and that was against Kelley. Even then, he came back and stopped him in brutal fashion.

What makes you think a green Marquez, who had lost to a c lister like Norwood would beat a prime Naz?
                  Guess what got Manny knocked out? Being caught off balance.

Case closed.

Comment

Working...
                  X