No announcement yet.

Was Rewatching Rd 10 Of Maidana vs May to See Maidana Counter Mays Pull Counter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Syf View Post
    Alright..answer this.. Did sho's team even notice may's pull counter got countered? Forget a replay, did they even acknowledge it when it happened? A keystone Maidana moment..

The answer is no.
    Mayweather got hit in the chest area and was unfazed. You act as though his head got snapped back, the only reason it's still fresh in my mind it's because it was very unusual, Mayweather normally doesn't square up like that but Maidana never took advantage of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
      Alright..answer this.. Did sho's team even notice may's pull counter got countered? Forget a replay, did they even acknowledge it when it happened? A keystone Maidana moment..

The answer is no.

Meanwhile... EVERY Mayweather shot of note was highlighted
      So the fact that they didn't acknowledge the counter should result in Maidana winning the round?

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine Doe View Post
        Ya, I just ****ing watched it you idiots. Maidana won rd 10. Mayweather didnt do **** in that rd.
        If Mayweather didn't do crap in that round then Maidana did even less. Like you said "I just rewatched it" as soon as you said that I pulled it up myself. Good job on Maidana for countering Floyd's counter right hand, but that was the only thing of note for him in that round. Meanwhile Floyd landed several rights to the head as well as both men landing good body shots with Floyd landing a few more as well as it looks like the harder shots in that round. So, how was it a clear round for Maidana?

Comment

I only watched the fight live and didn't score it. I just remember feeling like Floyd won by a round or 2. I'm going to re-watch it some time soon and actually score it! I wanna get in on these arguments lol

Comment

As I rewatch the fight more and more, I think Maidana has a seriously good chance in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
              Mayweather got hit in the chest area and was unfazed. You act as though his head got snapped back, the only reason it's still fresh in my mind it's because it was very unusual, Mayweather normally doesn't square up like that but Maidana never took advantage of it.
              This right here.

Maidana didn't necessarily counter Mayweather if anything he missed, and at best he hit Mayweather in the chest glancingly. If I remember correctly Maidana tried to counter with his own timed right hand, if he would had connected I would expect Mayweather to do a little dance. Just because Maidana almost hit him or countered him doesn't mean he won a round where he was back peddling from getting gut shotted and had to jab to keep Mayweather away

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine Doe View Post
                As I rewatch the fight more and more, I think Maidana has a seriously good chance in the rematch.
                Yeah it will be very similar.

But the ref will be like Cortez in the Hatton fight.

Chino has method to his madness.

Comment

one of the clearest floyd round's in the whole fight. maidana did nothing but land a couple of body shots. floyd had better body work and better clearer head shots.

Comment

Now that I watch it again did that counter by Maidana even land? Tony Weeks stepped in the way so it's hard to tell but it looks like it may have hit Floyd in the chest

Comment

Originally posted by Slick Veteran View Post
                      This right here.

Maidana didn't necessarily counter Mayweather if anything he missed, and at best he hit Mayweather in the chest glancingly. If I remember correctly Maidana tried to counter with his own timed right hand, if he would had connected I would expect Mayweather to do a little dance. Just because Maidana almost hit him or countered him doesn't mean he won a round where he was back peddling from getting gut shotted and had to jab to keep Mayweather away
                      A missed opportunity no doubt, I doubt Mayweather makes that mistake again.

Comment

Working...
                      X