Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fight turned you from a casual fan to a hardcore fan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chiquita Gonzales-Micheal Carbahall. That was 1 of the greatest fights ever!!

Comment

i was always fascinated with boxing. one of my earliest memories is watching a fight, no clue who fought though. i cant have been more than 3-4 years old. i was always drawn to the sport and once i started watching i got hooked instantly.

a guy at school boxed and i ended up asking some questions about it, we talked for a bit and when i got home i started reading about fighters and watching clips on youtube. i took the rings list of ATGs, picked one fighter at a time and just watched as many fights of theirs as i could find before moving on to the next. i would watch every day for hours, it was years before a single day passed that i didnt watch boxing.

so basically the day i followed up on my life long fascination was the day i got obsessed. hearns' fights, versus cuevas duran and shuler in particular had a big impact on me though. when i understood a tall skinny guy like myself was the scariest thing there is i knew this is what my life would be devoted to.

Comment

I'm only 20 years old, but I've always been intrigued by the sport. I remember the family getting together and ordering Tyson-Holyfield II back in the day. But I can say that the fight that really started it all for me was Tyson-Lewis.

Comment

Hopkins vs Trinidad!

Comment

cotto - Margo I

Comment

Have a baby pic with boxing gloves so l born a fan. Dad wouldnt have any other way.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Chiquita Gonzales-Micheal Carbahall. That was 1 of the greatest fights ever!!
                i couldnt agree more. For this fight i was 16-17 and won my first boxing bet with my first paycheck

Comment

Tyson vs Spinks or Bruno.

I was a little kid and remember my Grandgfather watching one or the other who also introduced me to Jones jr.

Between Tyson and Jones I was hooked as a kid. Then when Mike Tyson's punch out hit NES... It was game over.

A few years later Mayweather hit the scene and I never looked back.

Comment

rjj really wasnt as popular as he should have been.

Comment

PAC stans. I was at college at the time around the PAC-margarito fight and at that point I had watched only a handful of fights like Oscar, Floyd fights and the PAC hatton. My roommate was the epitomy of a pacstan and since I'm Mexican he and his other friends would rub the mexicutioner in my face. So I discovered boxingscene and armed myself with knowledge and discovered that he was not really a fan of boxing but just a pacstan. But I fell in love with the sport and followed devotedly ever since

Comment

Working...
                      X