Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guerrero Demands Mayweather Jr. After Berto Beatdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a lose, lose situation for Floyd...

Comment

Originally posted by FightingWords View Post
      It's a lose, lose situation for Floyd...
      Except for the giant pile of money he would get.

Comment

Stop worrying lads,Floyd is waiting for Pacquiao to get past Marquez
        If Pacquiao decides he would rather fight Rios then ye can't really complain about Floyd fighting Guerrero
        Personally not interested in either of them fights and if the mega fight fails to materialise I would rather see Floyd vs Canelo and Pacquiao vs Bradley 2

Comment

I picked the Ghost to win, but just wanted a great fight. Im glad I got one. Thank you Robert and thank you Andre. One hell of a fight by two guys who laid it on the line in a fight that mattered.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            Approved? LOL stfu

Guerrero is one of the top 147 pounders and Floyd is getting old. Guerrero proved he was hungry and on a mission against Berto, if he brings that same mindset against Floyd which is likely because he could really make his name off of Floyd he could possibly make it very interesting. If Floyd is the same guy he has been he should be able to deal with Guerrero and win but it could get very interesting especially if Floyd has faded a bit more. A hungry rough and tumble fighter with skills could cause him to age even more during the fight~
            Very true and you make an interesting point .. My only rebuttal to this is Floyd unlike Berto dose not blow up between fights and stays in shape, where Berto has been gaining and loosing weight between fights, and it showed in this fight as he let the smaller man pin him against the ropes easily.

Second berto ring IQ is less to be desired, he struggles with fighters that match him in speed or now how to deal with his speed, berto fights one way "Speed" and speed only he has no other game plan.

I don't see floyd making any of those mistake even at 36 he should be well prepared .

Comment

I rather wanna see Broner vs Mayweather Jr.

Comment

Guerrero-Berto FOTY

I said before this fight that I saw this being a close fight that could go either way but that I gave Guerrero the edge. I also said I would only be surprised if there was a KO in this fight. Boy was I wrong! I was surprised this fight went 12 rounds of incredible savagery! Andre Berto has completely earned my respect in defeat. What incredible heart to not only fight back after getting badly hurt in both of the first 2 rounds but to actually win several of the rounds towards the end of the fight. It was incredible that this man had the heart to fight with 2 eyes that were swollen shut, this man is a warrior. You could tell when the eye first puffed up in the 2nd round and he was getting dropped he was in a hell of a lot of pain but somehow managed to muster up the mental fortitude to not only continue but to give Guerrero absolute hell! In recent fights we have seen Devon Alexander cave to Tim Bradley when faced with a painful eye injury and Chad Dawson completely give up on his Ward fight. Seeing Berto fight on like that was truly amazing. Robert Guerrero, you have moved into the elite category. I had no idea Guerrero could impose his strength on Berto in the manner that he did. I thought he had to be technical but he won a dog fight! He has an incredible chin and a style that is all wrong for Floyd Mayweather. I didn't know Guerrero could fight like this at 47 but I have just seen him eat and walk through flush counter punches from a fighter that not only has pop but also has speed. There is a reason Mayweather never fought Antonio Margarito and it is because even though Floyd could tee off on Margarito all night, Margarito would have eaten everything and continued plodding forward full strength. Had these 2 squared off in their primes Floyd would have had to face the danger of the possible late stoppage. Guerrero poses this same danger but also has much more ring savvy and is a better technician than Margarito. I feel Mayweather would have been able to go the 12 hard rounds to beat Margarito and that he would not have gotten stopped late. I do not feel as confident about Mayweather's chances to go these 12 rounds with Guerrero. I saw something in the Mayweather-Cotto fight that I hadn't seen from Floyd before, he faded down the stretch of the fight. It was subtle and possibly overlooked by many. Now Mayweather has also just gone through a stretch in jail where he was unable to train. Robert Guerrero has adjusted to 47 and Mayweather would have to get into better condition than he was in for the Cotto fight to beat the man we just saw in the ring. Though I give Guerrero the credit for being skilled, I would give Mayweather the edge to win the rounds. We see Guerrero is there to be hit with flush counters but he just keeps the pressure up and could possibly stop Floyd late with his relentlessness. My pick is Floyd by close UD if this fight happens but he will definitely not blow this guy out of the water and he will not look spectacular like he has in all of his fights since ODLH. Guerrero-Berto was fight of the year hands down. Move over Rios-Alvarado because this actually topped it. This fight reminded me why I love boxing. It was truly inspirational.
                Last edited by rogdogx; 11-25-2012, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  I don't want Floyd-Guerrero. It's a decent fight, on the level of a Pac-Clottey, but does nothing for Floyd. Guerrero didn't really impress me that much tonight, not nearly as much as Ortiz did against Berto, when he battered Berto the last half of the fight an dominated him. Yeah Guerrero won a wide decision, he basically just threw more and out worked Berto, who just laid there eating punches.

Guerrero should fight Maidana, Bradley, or even Matthysse.
                  Good post. Mayweather would make easy work of Guerrero. There are other big fights out there - the names you mentioned, plus Garcia, Alexander/Brook winner, Khan if he steps up, Josesito Lopez, Victor Ortiz.

Comment

The Ghost definitely earned my respect with a tough chin and taking on the bigger guy in Berto. Does he has a chance against Mayweather? No. He's eventually going to get knocked out with that style He admitted he couldn't deal with Berto's speed so he kept the fight close. But when he fights someone who uses the jab well, he wont get in so easy and will have to eat shots. Berto's defense isn't that well either.

Who knows what's next for Guerrero. But I'd say is highly unlikely Floyd takes a fight with him. But I think last night's fight was the fight of the year easily. But it seems all of our fight of the year candidates were just brawls instead of boxing matches. Just good for boxing though.

Comment

After last nights performance Guerrero diserves a shot at the big names & his nice lump of payday.. Props to both fighters.. Berto showed a lot of heart & gained more fans last night.. But I think Mayweather will clearly beat Guerrero.. It will be a good fight, but I see a very similar fight to Cotto/Mayweather fight where Mayweather will dominate..

Comment

Working...
                      X