No announcement yet.

I can't get excited for May/Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As of now, I'm not too amped over it.

Probably will change when I order the PPV. Hope it's not a total blowout.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      In undercard comparison though... their undercard will be less crappier than Mays. Also Pacs fight will be closer than Mays as well.
      I don't doubt Bradley/Manny would be closer it's just that Bradley lacks that star like exposure that would make this a grand stage event.

I think both fights are just rebuttals to lesser opponents for Manny/May never coming to fruition (obviously). Therefore neither event seems as climatic to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
        I don't doubt Bradley/Manny would be closer it's just that Bradley lacks that star like exposure that would make this a grand stage event.

I think both fights are just rebuttals to lesser opponents for Manny/May never coming to fruition (obviously). Therefore neither event seems as climatic to me.

i was more excited for that potential Rios-Gamboa fight that fell off...

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
          Diaz training Cotto makes this interesting to me. Also Floyd seems outta his comfort zone when talking to Miguel. Theirs no b!tch ass catchweight so Cotto can be strong and Floyds 35 at some point he's gonna slip. Hopefully its May 5th.
          That is exctly how I see it. Very smart post!

I know the quality of boxer that FMJr. is but he is playing with fire and he may get burned.

FMJr. may win the fight but its going to be a difficult battle, hell, I belive that Miguel will make Floyd kiss the canvas at least once....and I must say, if Floyd beats Miguel without controvercy Ill give him 150% credit and my full support!

War Miguel!

Cotto by Stoppage by the 8th!

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            i was more excited for that potential Rios-Gamboa fight that fell off...
            Me too, too bad Gamboa had a diva moment without even earning diva status...

Comment

Me too, too bad Gamboa had a diva moment without even earning diva status...

dude i had that day all planned out too...BBQ and everything...free HBO...then the no-show and the full collapse of the fight

this fight, i'll order but i already know its gonna be one of those fights where looking at the cable bill a month later will give me a facepalm moment

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
                War Miguel!

Cotto by Stoppage by the 8th!
                Last edited by Imatroll; 04-25-2012, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  dude i had that day all planned out too...BBQ and everything...free HBO...then the no-show and the full collapse of the fight

this fight, i'll order but i already know its gonna be one of those fights where looking at the cable bill a month later will give me a facepalm moment
                  I feel you, to be honest, the only thing that is making me order this fight is that Cotto's Achilles heal is volume punching pressure fighters with a good punch. Mayweather isn't a pressure fighter and his punch at 154 doesn't seem drastic. Therefore I just want to see how long Cotto holds or make it half way decent because of such.

As for Gamboa/Rios, man that **** help ruin 2012 for boxing's great potential scraps. I was equally let down.

Comment

I feel you, to be honest, the only thing that is making me order this fight is that Cotto's Achilles heal is volume punching pressure fighters with a good punch. Mayweather isn't a pressure fighter and his punch at 154 doesn't seem drastic. Therefore I just want to see how long Cotto holds or make it half way decent because of such.

As for Gamboa/Rios, man that **** help ruin 2012 for boxing's great potential scraps. I was equally let down.

yea, the 'maybe he gets old overnight' angle is what's gonna make me order it...dont know much else about the card besides the shane-canelo fight

Comment

gonna have pizza,wings,vodka and watching the fight on the big screen........having a fight party

Comment

Working...
                      X