No announcement yet.

Most difficult moral question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most difficult moral question

You are a refugee hiding with a group of 20 others in a basement. If you are found you will all be shot. Among the refugees is a baby which will not stop crying. Knowing that the crying baby will be noticed by the death squads and bring death on all of you, the logical answer is the kill the child. That child's death will save 19 others. Failing to kill the child will cost the lives of everyone.

Could you do it? I'm not sure if I could.

Part 2 - what if it was your own child?

if it's up to me, we're all dying

sorry, i'm a parent - i can't picture myself killing a child (especially my own)

Comment

The movie sunshine or sunrise, is kinda like this situation...

Comment

Originally posted by i box oranges View Post
        if it's up to me, we're all dying

sorry, i'm a parent - i can't picture myself killing a child (especially my own)
        Am sorry but if i was one of the refugees, you and the kid would be dying. theirs no way i would be dying because your kid couldent stop crying.

Comment

i'd stuff a potato in it's mouth

Comment

Originally posted by Mile Kitic View Post
            i'd stuff a potato in it's mouth
            That could provide enough force to cause a road to fall off the side of a hill.

Comment

i'd throw him out nd leave him for the bad guys to get.
              its sad to know this but i probably would do that

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                That could provide enough force to cause a road to fall off the side of a hill.
                the squad is dead, kid is silent, we're all safe... thread closed!

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  You are a refugee hiding with a group of 20 others in a basement. If you are found you will all be shot. Among the refugees is a baby which will not stop crying. Knowing that the crying baby will be noticed by the death squads and bring death on all of you, the logical answer is the kill the child. That child's death will save 19 others. Failing to kill the child will cost the lives of everyone.

Could you do it? I'm not sure if I could.

Part 2 - what if it was your own child?
                  I'd not only kill it. Id smother it with my bear hands, and then eat it since there probably isn't much food and I don't mind raw meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky C View Post
                    Am sorry but if i was one of the refugees, you and the kid would be dying. theirs no way i would be dying because your kid couldent stop crying.
                    i'd strangle you even if it wasnt a life or death situation

Comment

Working...
                    X