Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ben Edwards...Potentially Australias greatest Bogan Heavyweight???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Edwards...Potentially Australias greatest Bogan Heavyweight???

Have seen him a few times in the Muay Thai. Impressive annihilation of very talented Ramazan Ramazanov. He was sporting a very noticeable wifebasher tan in that fight which is the most bogan I've ever seen (which is saying something). Saw his brutal thumping of Hopoate on youtube (that basher tan's back i think) and then a cop a drubbing by leg kicks at the hands of Paul Slowinski. The man sure does know how to throw bombs, but needs to get a hell of alot fitter.

I reckon he gives up Muay Thai. I think both he and Nathan Corbett could go on to be stars if they went with boxing. Less **** to get hit by and therefore block....alot of Muay Thai blokes go on to be great boxers.

Was reading somewhere Ben might be in a spot of bother for sucker punching a bouncer and perminantly injuring the guy. Nasty stuff.

He should give the boxing a go full time. He has got the bang, just needs to lose the porch.

He has a pretty big rep around Canberra for being a good fighter and stuff. He can really whack but his technique is ordinary.

He flattened Hopoate though so I like him lol

Comment

i swear hoppa has no defence

Comment

Originally posted by RealDeal '86 View Post
        He has a pretty big rep around Canberra for being a good fighter and stuff. He can really whack but his technique is ordinary.

He flattened Hopoate though so I like him lol
        I think his technique looks real loose when he starts to gas, which doesn't take long. I think the ability and accuracy to land a slower, awkward power punch like an overhand right is underrated with fighters. Some will never be able to expose themselves enough to launch a fight ender like that or have the accuracy to land it. You do need chin and balls and when he and Hoppa are trading flat out it was all balls. He has years of practice under his considerable belt of landing big, big shots. I wish he would take up boxing, get a hard nut trainer, work his ass off and he would be potentially the best heavy in the country. And before some wanker says "So what, our heavies are ****", I suggest meeting one in person, tapping them on the shoulder and asking for a bit of a ridgy didge.

Comment

I just watched the Hoppa fight again and I have to say Ben's technique is pretty flowing and those punches are well placed and practiced. He has plenty of different length and speed shots mixed up in enough fast combos that with good guidance he could take that "basher" tan overseas. Hoppa might suck, but he was outclassed by a slugger in such a way that he was really beaten at his own game in a big way.

To fight like that you need chin, balls, power and enough talent, accuracy and punch speed to connect that **** and Benny has all that in spades. The way he runs to the neutral corner after sparking a fighter, he has done that run many, many times. I really enjoy watching him at the Muay Thai, but with his succeptability to leg KO's, I don't know why he doesn't make the switch.

Comment

**** he must be a big puncher.

Comment

Ben Edwards was on one of the Superboxer episodes a while back I believe. Jonny Lewis spoke very highly of him. Whilst that is all I've seen of him, he certainly looks like he would bring some more depth to the Aus heavyweight division.

Comment

Working...
              X