Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brook leaving Hearn/Matchroom for Warren?!?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post

He's staying with the Edster.
    Or is he cryptically calling out Spence ??

Comment

Eddie Hearn has had it all his own way. Hopefully competition means consistently more competitive fights.

Comment

I would love to see it happen.

Hearn sold Kell down the river with the Golovkin fight and has been unable to secure him the big fights within his own division.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          I would love to see it happen.

Hearn sold Kell down the river with the Golovkin fight and has been unable to secure him the big fights within his own division.
          Lol Hearn hardly forced Brook into that fight tbf. Brook jumped at the chance because he wants the ££

In any case this story doesnt seem likely. Sounds like it was twitter bs which gained traction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            Lol Hearn hardly forced Brook into that fight tbf. Brook jumped at the chance because he wants the ££

In any case this story doesnt seem likely. Sounds like it was twitter bs which gained traction.
            Brook absolutely wanted a big fight.

However, Hearn had failed to get him any at 147. The best he was willing to pay for was Vargas and even then he revised the offer.

In order to get a big fight under Hearn he had to jump 2 weight classes to fight a much bigger man with massive power; Hearn has done a poor job with Brook from the jump.

Comment

They're announcing the Spence fight tomorrow FYI

Comment

Originally posted by truestory1987 View Post
                I've seen a lot of tweets claiming that Kell Brook will be leaving Matchroom. Kell is holding a press conference tomorrow. Shocker if true
                Calling bull**** before this is allowed to fester.

Kell Brook already sells out fights in his home venue in Sheffield, Sky Sports seems in love with him (though to nowhere near the extent that they are with Anthony Joshua), and Eddie Hearn seems to still believe that Brook could be a Box Office fighter in the UK; you add Hearn's budding realtionship with US TV, and the fact that Erroll Spence Jr, Amir Khan, and the coming Garcia-Thurman winner are all on the same side of the fence, and I find it hard to imagine that the BT Sport money is so big to negate all that (and the fact that Frank Warren, outside of maybe his relationship with Bob Arum for a possible Pacquiao fight, has nothing else to really offer Brook at 147 or 154),

Comment

The rumour was started as a joke on twitter by the usual people who spread, often amusingly, anti-matchroom stuff.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I reckon Degale will be the first to make the jump.
                  His contract with Matchroom may have already expired and if not then Hearn is only promoting DeGale in the UK anyway if Haymon wants to use Hearn's licence.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Dyson View Post
                    I hope they all leave matchroom and wipe that smug look off of daddy's boy's face.
                    yet Frank Warren is doing gangbusters for boxing? gtfoh.

Not sure where you're from, but Matchroom Sport going by the wayside would literally kill the resurgence that British boxing has seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      yet Frank Warren is doing gangbusters for boxing? gtfoh.

Not sure where you're from, but Matchroom Sport going by the wayside would literally kill the resurgence that British boxing has seen.
                      What does that mean?

If they jumped ship to FW and BT sport British boxing can still carry on. Or another promoter would be given the chance with SKY.

Don't get me wrong I'm enjoying British boxing at the moment and I don't want to see it back to where it was not too long ago.

It's just that I don't like that smug git Eddie.

Comment

Working...
                      X