Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko Dials Down Walters Criticism After Dressing Room Talk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
    this his credit bob arum said the first offer as bs and too low...and if u meantion the if you beat me contract stuff..i'd ask u to provide me a contract signed like that in the last 10 years...and understand if u can only find 1 or a few..that shows you that ppl dont do that crap...

walters was the victim of politics that he knew he couldnt beat..i wouldnt be suprised if he threw a large bet on him losing by stoppage..HE WON!!
    im a hardcore fan but i love when the politics in boxing lose..and he beat them last night..
    Trust me, i'm no fan of Bob Arum, but when Walters accepted the fight, he should've fought until he was KO'd, or 12 rounds if he wasn't stopped! Last night was another black-eye for the sport! The Ward decision last week and Walters quitting the very next week, was not a good look at all! I hope Mares vs. Cuellar and Charlo vs. Williams can redeem us!

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
      Walters may not have been bludgeoned which is what we expect when a fighter quits - what happened to him was something worse. He had any hope of winning taken from him when he knew he couldn't do anything to Lom. In a war, a guy getting beat up still thinks he can win because he is able to land and avoid some punches. Walters didn't have either going for him. It's not about if he was taking horrible punishment, it's about the realization he was not going to win this fight at all whatsoever and those punches Lom was landing all over him did hurt. But what happened to him was a form of despair.
      Well put - I tried to say the same thing, just not as well. All Walters could do was start to throw wildly and that would have got him nowhere. From the 7th it was just a question of how he was going to lose, and he knew it. He wasn't able to even throw any game-changing punches as Loma kept making him reset.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
        Maybe I'm giving Walters a lil too much benefit of the doubt. But to me, after the fight, he had the attitude of a guy that felt like he had the deck stacked against him. He was in the biggest fight of his life. And matched against by far the best opponent he's ever faced. And he was doing so coming off a year layoff. Once he saw that Lomachenko was as good, or maybe even better than he thought. He seemee to kinda take the attitude of, "yall robbed me of any chance to win." "So I'm a take my check, and rob yall of the spectacular finish yall want this guy yo have at my expense."
        So when Canelo fought Khan and Kirkland, his only KO's above 147, were they robbed of a legit chance?

Hell, Smith had faced only UK class fighters. Was he ready?

All this does is moves to delegitimize Loma, and that's just bogus.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
          ...sure we want fighters to go out on their shield, battered and bloodied, and that was the only other option Walters had...
          Nobody enjoys mismatches, if that's what you mean. But Walters didn't even try. In so doing, he gave a big F.U. to everyone involved.

Originally posted by angkag View Post
          ...All Walters could do was start to throw wildly and that would have got him nowhere. From the 7th it was just a question of how he was going to lose, and he knew it...
          Agreed, Walters would've probably got taken out in the 8th. So, adapt! Grit the teeth and make something happen.

Instead of preparing himself mentally and physically, Walters thought he could wing it. Or maybe he came into the fight knowing in advance that he was gonna quit?? Either way, HE'S GOT NO HEART. And in boxing, I don't think there's anything worse

Comment

so no nickname for walters, no bashing for that? lol and you guys trashed lucas for standing on the canvas while being clinched and butted lol, bunch of pussies

Comment

Walters was pissed at Arum, and wasn't willing to go all in for that kind of money. Period. He was the champion and got shelved for a year...then was offered 1/3 of the challenger's purse. Add the boxing lesson he was being served: The humiliation was just too much.

Comment

no matter how anybody puts it,he quit,he wasn't hurt,he was frustrated and like donaire said,if he has no chance of winning just go out swinging and hope you land something big,you losing anyways why not? but he just proved he has no heart,no winning mentality,think about it,beating a guy like lomachenko is a lot,big money fights after and just those two things should motivate any boxer,atleast those who really want to win and give it their all,but there are always quitters like walters

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  TR should release Walters ASAP because #1, he didn't accept the initial chance to face Lomachenko...
                  This is the real issue, isn't it? Walters had the opportunity to avoid a long lay-off for arguably the biggest matchup of his career, but he chose to delay it by demanding far more money than he was worth.

Walters quitting immediately after the round is a real (super) feather in Lomachenko's cap. Loma outclassed him in such a thorough manner that Walters didn't even bother to sit on his stool to quit; he could've taken a breather, consulted his corner, and quit right before the 8th claiming hand injuries or some ****.

Comment

Originally posted by -pbp- View Post
                    what could he possibly do? He needs to set his feet to punch and couldn't even get off. He exhausted all of his resources, everything in his arsenal and it was not good enough.

This is like in little league sports when the score is like 60-0 so they shorten the game so the kids don't get humiliated.

We turned the tv off knowing who the superior fighter was. It wasn't like walters had a chance at a comeback.
                    Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    the reason he quit was because he couldn't do a thing to lom and was being dominated. If he thought he could win or was winning, he would not have quit.
                    ^^^^ ................

And he didn't want to get humiliated completely. Been trying to explain this to a few others, good to know I'm not alone.
                    Last edited by Weltschmerz; 11-27-2016, 02:00 PM.

Comment

I think he quit because Loma put a number on him, like took his soul in the ring. I am sure Walters was planning KO Loma in the fight and prepping up real good to do so, then when he actually got into the ring with the master, that completely got him menthally f-ed up that he just quit. And Walter is no bum. Pretty crazy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X