Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lomo would rape PAC at 135

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      Ummm Pacquiao beats him at 140-147 but he can't make a HEALTHY 135. Im not even sure he can make a healthy 140 tbh.
      Lol, such ignorance. Not sure he can make a healthy 140? He's not even a 147 pounder. He is 5'5 and a half ffs.

Comment

Manny would really show his age then, why? Cuz he'll be drained as fucc sorta how Roy had to move down from heavyweight to fight Tarver.

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
          A 10 lb cut is nothing for a teenage wrestler or a 20 something boxer, but it is a big challenge for someone approaching middle age with heavy senatorial duties. He would have to put politics and everything else on hold to focus solely on training to get down to 135. It would be a good fight though.
          Not true. It's really more like a 5 pound cut. He says he eats up to welterweight. That's the opposite thing fighters do.

And 5 pounds is nothing.

You'd be surprised how much weight can fluctuate.

There have been plenty of fighters who cut weight late in their career and got embarrassed, like Chris Byrd and Dela Hoya, but they really were drained and were big for the weight class. Byrd didn't have to cut a ton, but he was use to fighting bigger guys his entire career and couldn't adapt.

There could be a risk from a stylistic standpoint, but Loma would be moving up 2 divisions to 135.

Comment

Originally posted by redmyth79 View Post
            If pac walks around at 141 how in the world could he not be healthy at 135 or 140. Its 5 -6lbs he has to loose then rehydrate. Dont see ur logic.
            Where did you read he walks around 141lbs?
            Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
            Lol, such ignorance. Not sure he can make a healthy 140? He's not even a 147 pounder. He is 5'5 and a half ffs.
            Yea Im the ignorant one when I said Im not sure yet here you are talking with CERTAINTY out of your ass. When was the last time he fought at 140? Sometimes the last few pounds are the hardest to lose and anyone will tell you that. "Such ignorance" doe. Do you really fkin thing he eats up to 147 to the point where he throws up? I eat 6 times a day and I get nowhere near throwing up.

Comment

Well, that wouldn't make any sense cause if he doesn't fight him now then they'll say he ducked Lomachenko. Lol
              Some nuts already said he ducked Crawford at 140.. Can't convince everyone

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                I agree that Pacquiao is too big. Loma talented but talent has it's limits. Ward ain't beating Joshua.
                Manny was the small guy beating big guys at 147 and 154. Lomachenko can do the same. I think Loma work rate will beat Manny at this point. I got Loma bt decision

Comment

Yea Im the ignorant one when I said Im not sure yet here you are talking with CERTAINTY out of your ass. When was the last time he fought at 140? Sometimes the last few pounds are the hardest to lose and anyone will tell you that. "Such ignorance" doe. Do you really fkin thing he eats up to 147 to the point where he throws up? I eat 6 times a day and I get nowhere near throwing up.
                  Once again, Pacqiaou isn't even a 147 pound fighter. He doesn't even make that weight class, because he's too small. He fought Antonio Margarito at 144.5, at junior middleweight (Margarito weighed in at 150, but he surely rehydrated plenty after the weigh in).

He's only weighed in at a full 147 twice, in the first Bradley fight and third Marquez fight, and ironically he lost both fights (they were close/controversial--Bradly especially--but he still lost these ones).

And your eating habits are quite irrelevant when speaking about the competition diet of a professional fighter.

Manny surely uses a high class nutritionist, and uses a diet to put on weight, which is not something a welterweight fighter would typically do. The norm is to go down in weight. The only reason Manny is at 147 is because that's where the big fights are (same goes for Marquez).

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                    Not true. It's really more like a 5 pound cut. He says he eats up to welterweight. That's the opposite thing fighters do.

And 5 pounds is nothing.

You'd be surprised how much weight can fluctuate.

There have been plenty of fighters who cut weight late in their career and got embarrassed, like Chris Byrd and Dela Hoya, but they really were drained and were big for the weight class. Byrd didn't have to cut a ton, but he was use to fighting bigger guys his entire career and couldn't adapt.

There could be a risk from a stylistic standpoint, but Loma would be moving up 2 divisions to 135.
                    I get your point. Even I can do 5lbs with money on the line. Yes Loma is much smaller and moving up 2 weight division should give Manny a big edge. I am impressed that Loma is willing to fight all the big guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
                      I get your point. Even I can do 5lbs with money on the line. Yes Loma is much smaller and moving up 2 weight division should give Manny a big edge. I am impressed that Loma is willing to fight all the big guns.
                      I'd bet you if you weighed Pac. right after his last fight, he was close to 140 or maybe even on 140. Same goes for after a very hard workout.

He doesn't cut weight at all to weigh in at 145, he does the opposite, he puts weight on. He surely comes into the ring well hydrated, so he could easily lose 5 pounds in a 12 round fight and most likely does.

When he's not dieting (to gain weight), he's probably well under 140 after a hard workout.

Comment

Working...
                      X