Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto: I Don't Need Golovkin To Write My Story!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward was serious about fighting GGG (In 18 months)

Ward is serious about fight Kovalev, but first he is on mission to drag up Unranked SMW and bash them around on PPV.

P4P King. But, his tune ups need to be trash cans from the division below.

But he is getting ready for Kovalev doe! Really! I mean, fighting garbage cans and giving them 3 weeks, that's gonna tune him right up!

Lol! Right. This fight is to convince is dumb ass supporters he still has it.

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Ward admitted he was kidding about the Mayweather fight. I guess we can infer GGG was kidding about fighting Ward.
    GGG twice offered Ward a match. Ward told HBO straight up he wasn't ready.

And even when Ward said I'm ready, his contract said I'll be ready in 18 months.

Lol! Ward got but hurt Team GGG called him on his BS.

What did Ward do, threaten to take them to court.

Wow! The court room again.

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Wow, that's running w/ tail tucked if I've ever seen it. The Ward thing was pushed over and over so don't pretend it wasn't serious. It was false bravado that bit him in the ass. When you shout at someone, they turn around and start walking toward you and you run away, you're a p***y.

Regarding Cotto, I actually agree I with him here. I thought he should have retired 2 years ago so anything he does at this point is extra credit, IMO. It's sad when fans act like vultures, wanting their guy to go after guys who are near retirement. Froch, Martinez, now Cotto?
    But Ward was ready, really doe. In 18 months. But ready.

And talk about fighting guys near retirement.

Look who Ward is about to fight on PPV.

An Unranked 38 year old from the division below him, and you want to talk **** about GGG fighting Froch.

The ironic nature of your comment is stunning.

But Ward was really really ready this time.

Ward be like, "I'll fight you, but let me pick up this trash first."

No one wants to see Ward fight bums. But given his past accomplishments when he was active, and the fact that this three-fight deal with HBO ends with a Kovalev bout, AND that Ward basically confirmed it today, I'm fine waiting for that to come to fruition.
    It potentially ends with Kovalev.

They said probably works out.

Who would be surprised if Ward priced himself out f that fight.

I'm mean as you can tell, he is getting ready for Kovalev, but dragging trash up to LHW.

But really doe!

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
    you admit cotto is too small, therefore a catchweight makes sense right?
    Cotto is too small, but no way he deserves a shot at 3 MW titles at no CW.

Cotto did this too himself.

His best bet is to vacate and call it a career.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Well put. The GGG shadow will hang over Cotto's career whether he likes it or not.
      Cotto fought prime pacquaio and floyd mayweather. He also going to fight canelo. Cotto also a 3 weight class champion while GGG is too ***** to movement up one weight class. Cotto basically cement his legacy without even having to fight GGG.

GGG hasnt fought anybody and if cotto beats him at this stage that nobody will give him any credit for the win. **** remember when bradley and alexander fought when Devon had all that hype. It was the fight that need to be made at the time and now nobody rate Devon highly. Same thing with Arthur Abraham hype before the super 6. **** bute was severely hype and people felt he didn't need to prove himself in the super 6 . Then he fought froch.

Basically we need to stop crowning guys who hasn't fought anybody a p4p top 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post

It potentially ends with Kovalev.

They said probably works out.

Who would be surprised if Ward priced himself out f that fight.

I'm mean as you can tell, he is getting ready for Kovalev, but dragging trash up to LHW.

But really doe!
        Whether it ends or not, Ward continues to test himself. You said his resume isn't that great. It's only safe to assume you think Golovkin's resume is wipe-my-wet-ass material, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          I doubt very much that he'll be fighting another "bum" after November.
          So you agree he should fight someone in the top 20 at light heavy weight, specially if Kovalev is the main target.

Comment

• Originally posted by elgu View Post
            So you agree he should fight someone in the top 20 at light heavy weight, specially if Kovalev is the main target.
            Oh for sure. I'm pretty sure he's not going to fight four jokers then step in with Kovalev. After November he'll fight a fringe guy or even a contender. Then his next fight will be the step-up showcase that leads to Kovalev.

Comment

• Originally posted by nielon View Post
              PPV vs Malignaggi was a CLOSED CIRCUIT PPV

NOT A HBO PPV LIKE GGG vs Lemiuex (97k failure)
              60,000 though!

Come on, you make excuses once I proved you wrong. Just stop it.

I doubt very much that he'll be fighting another "bum" after November.
              That's what everyone thought after he fought Smith.

Originally posted by victorythagr8 View Post
              Cotto fought prime pacquaio and floyd mayweather. He also going to fight canelo. Cotto also a 3 weight class champion while GGG is too ***** to movement up one weight class. Cotto basically cement his legacy without even having to fight GGG.

GGG hasnt fought anybody and if cotto beats him at this stage that nobody will give him any credit for the win. **** remember when bradley and alexander fought when Devon had all that hype. It was the fight that need to be made at the time and now nobody rate Devon highly. Same thing with Arthur Abraham hype before the super 6. **** bute was severely hype and people felt he didn't need to prove himself in the super 6 . Then he fought froch.

Basically we need to stop crowning guys who hasn't fought anybody a p4p top 5.
              If only Boxing worked so smoothly.

GGG is getting some credit because the best in the division are shutting him out.

Most GGG haters want him not to get big fights so they can scream resume, resume.

GGG has destroyed everyone in front of him.

MW like Canelo (Rehydrates higher than GGG), Quillin, And MW champ Cotto have attempted to hold GGG back, so no one demands the fight.

The only guy anyone thinks can rely beat him is a LHW who hasn't fought at SMW since November of 2013.

Who in the 154-168 can beat GGG?

I can't think of one person.

Whether it ends or not, Ward continues to test himself. You said his resume isn't that great. It's only safe to assume you think Golovkin's resume is wipe-my-wet-ass material, correct?
              Really, test himself, by dragging up consecutive SMW to fight at 175.

Smith was bad enough, but Brand, ****ing pathetic.

That's testing him self.

What a brave P4P champ.

GGG is fighting top 10, top 5 in his division.

He is unifying the belts.

He has had to take the hard road to force names to even consider him.

But Ward really wanted to fight GGG, but in 18 months.

Here GGG, sign this contract now, and I'll fight you in 18 months.

A joke of a email, and Ward supporters swallowed it whole.
              Last edited by Progrssive_Jedi; 11-02-2015, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                60,000 though!

Really, test himself, by dragging up consecutive SMW to fight at 175.

Smith was bad enough, but Brand, ****ing pathetic.

That's testing him self.

What a brave P4P champ.

GGG is fighting top 10, top 5 in his division.

He is unifying the belts.

He has had to take the hard road to force names to even consider him.

But Ward really wanted to fight GGG, but in 18 months.

Here GGG, sign this contract now, and I'll fight you in 18 months.

A joke of a email, and Ward supporters swallowed it whole.
                You said Ward's resume isn't that great.

Well, that means GGG's is comparable to the crust in your eye when you wake up.

****ed up, aint it?

Comment

• I'm a fan of Cotto but this is such a wimp move. If you beat Canelo and don't fight GGG then your story will not be written. Your story will be abruptly cut off in the middle of your novel. Move down to Junior Middleweight if you can't fight a real middleweight FFS. Cotto and Canelo are the new catchweight queens. I can't believe I'm talking about Cotto this way.

Cotto says he worked so hard to get to where he is.....I've heard other fighters say the same thing. Do they think other top fighters don't train and struggle like they do? These boxers must feel pretty self important thinking that they're the only ones that put in the hard work. Most fighters will never be fortunate enough to get to their financial level. They should respect the sport and be grateful for what they have instead of taking the easy out and hording the belts.

Comment

• [QUOTE]
                    Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                    60,000 though!

Come on, you make excuses once I proved you wrong. Just stop it.
                    60k for a Top Rank Closed Circuit PPV that was distributed mainly in Puerto Rico by Direct TV ONLY was a huge success. It was a clear indication that Cotto was a PPV draw. Now, Compare that to an HBO PPV distributed WORLDWIDE with Chocolatito on the undercard. Doing 97k PPV!!! It is a clear indication that GGG IS NOT THERE YET!!!!

GGG good boy tho!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Oh for sure. I'm pretty sure he's not going to fight four jokers then step in with Kovalev. After November he'll fight a fringe guy or even a contender. Then his next fight will be the step-up showcase that leads to Kovalev.
                      You think Ward taking a third crap fight then Kovalev.

Ward signed 3 fight deal, it he doesn't take on a decent fighter afte November, then he is supposed to be in ring with Kovalev after that.

Maybe that's his plan, to tune up until HBO contact expires.

You said Ward's resume isn't that great.

Well, that means GGG's is comparable to the crust in your eye when you wake up.

****ed up, aint it?
                      Ward has a decent Resume, but it doesn't tower over GGG.

He was gifted Super Six.

GGG has to corner good fighter to get in the ring with him.

Ward turned HBO down the first time, then balked at GGG 50/50 offer.

Ward waited until GGG finally cornered Canelo and Cotto, and had the Lemieux fight, then Ward wants to get GGG to sign a contract 18 months in advance.

And anyone is taking that serious.

Like I said, everyone says they want to fight GGG, just not yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X