Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love Messi but he'll never surpass Maradona. Deal with it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CRASH DUMMY View Post
    I'm not getting involved in this thread, I'll only lose my cool.

Messi is the best ever, end of.
    If you think different, you know nothing about football or it's history.
    at the moment, xavi and iniesta are above messi in terms of achievements. Iniesta and xavi played great in all spain's matches and iniesta scored the goal in the world cup final.

Messi just did absolutely nothing and argentina looked crap.

individual skill is good but maradona had that plus amazing team skills...he had a shedload of assists.

You clearly have no clue about football so im assuming you are from the us. Saying a guy is the greatest when he didn't win the world cup and when he is at such a youthful stage in his career is just dumb.

You can say he has the potential to be the greatest, but that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
      Football is just about the only sport that actually favors midgets (relatively speaking)
      Pacquiao's shorter than Messi.

Comment

I love Maradona and Messi. I am from Argentina. I think that Lionel is going to be better than Diegote. Diego win a world cup with argentina at 28 years old and nathing else. Messi have 24 and at the time have a lot more of titles and records

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH DUMMY View Post
          I'm not getting involved in this thread, I'll only lose my cool.

Messi is the best ever, end of.
          If you think different, you know nothing about football or it's history.
          LOL. ****ing idiot. I followed the sport for 20 years, hardcore for 15. You're the kind of fan who probably thought Ronaldinho was the greatest ever during his purple patch. It's YOU who is disrespecting the history of the sport by claiming Leo is better than Maradona.

I'll say it again - someone who is the greatest EVER should not be so reliant on his supporting cast, like Messi seems to be. To be the GREATEST EVER, you should be able to transcend tactics, formations and teammates.

Why is Messi consistently not performing for Argentina?

Comment

Originally posted by nachorjj View Post
            I love Maradona and Messi. I am from Argentina. I think that Lionel is going to be better than Diegote. Diego win a world cup with argentina at 28 years old and nathing else. Messi have 24 and at the time have a lot more of titles and records
            Diego was 25 when he won the World Cup. Never before has a player so dominated a tournament like he did in '86 and defined his greatness so definitively.

If Messi has a tournament where he so dominates and leads Argentina to a WC, an argument can be made that he is better. Messi's resume of titles will be superior to Diego's because Messi is playing in of the best teams of all time (and he, of course, is a big reason why they are one of the best).

Diego was so good that he purposely played in weaker sides because he wanted the challenge. Hence him choosing Boca over River, and later on Napoli and Sevilla.

I will never rate Messi over Diego because when I look at the skillset, I recognise Maradona as one of the most skilled artists in any sport. Like I said, Diego was Xavi, Hagi and Messi rolled into one.

Comment

Originally posted by Xercen View Post
              at the moment, xavi and iniesta are above messi in terms of achievements. Iniesta and xavi played great in all spain's matches and iniesta scored the goal in the world cup final.

Messi just did absolutely nothing and argentina looked crap.

individual skill is good but maradona had that plus amazing team skills...he had a shedload of assists.

You clearly have no clue about football so im assuming you are from the us. Saying a guy is the greatest when he didn't win the world cup and when he is at such a youthful stage in his career is just dumb.

You can say he has the potential to be the greatest, but that's all.
              Exactly. It's just so ridiculous that people can casually say Messi is the best ever, and better than Maradona. A guy who can't even truly shine for his national team (one of the most talented teams in the world), where he's even had the formation tailored to suit him.

If Messi wins the WC with the same sort of dominance that Diego did in '86, (and it'll have to be the next one because he won't be at his peak in 2018), then an argument can be made that he is better. But right now, it's just so dumb to say he's better.

The hyperbole surrounding modern day football is laughable, it really is.

Comment

messi is the best of his era , but maradonna played in average teams and made them great . he practically won a world cup on his own , and love him or hate , the man was a genius and an enigma , the GREATEST bar none . Pele's not close in terms of skill , messi is probably the best , and most consistent since diego though imo! but fat ronaldo before he did his knee and before he was fat , was a goalscoring phenomenon

Comment

Originally posted by deansluk View Post
                  messi is the best of his era , but maradonna played in average teams and made them great . he practically won a world cup on his own , and love him or hate , the man was a genius and an enigma , the GREATEST bar none . Pele's not close in terms of skill , messi is probably the best , and most consistent since diego though imo! but fat ronaldo before he did his knee and before he was fat , was a goalscoring phenomenon
                  This is the best post not by me in this thread.

Comment

CR7 > Messi

If you owned CSKA and had the choice of CR7 or Messi. Who do you choose?

And no you cannot change the team's style of play or formations. You can only transplant either one onto the team.

Comment

Just wondering why no one is mentioning Pelé up in here?

Comment

Working...
                      X