Grade Mayweathers performance against Maidana:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    F.

Tried to be Captain Save Broner and failed miserably. He looked 37 and drew with Marcos "flat footed brawler" Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Mayweather has faced many swarmers and has been able to counter them much more effectively than he did Maidana. Maidana's footspeed is not that good at all and a lot of times, Mayweather was voluntarily walking back to the ropes.
      When was the last time a fighter swarmed him the way Maidana did? Castillo is the last person that comes to mind for me.

His foot speed is good. Not sure what you're talking about. Perhaps you should rematch the fight. Even when Floyd tried to create distance to punch Maidana closed the gap.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        B

I could go harsher, but it would be too harsh. He still beat a good fighter, it's just the bar has been set so high with Mayweather that this fight was really bad for him.

At the end of the day, just like Pac beating Bradley, it's a reminder that even so far past their best, these two can beat just about anybody else in their division.

stop watching All Access, Bo...they're getting to you

Comment

C+

I never thought that highly of Maidana. I liked him, but never considered him elite. Just a wild tough guy who comes to fight, but is a bit sloppy and lacks technical skills. So to me, an elite fighter with Mayweather's abilities should have blown this guy away. Maybe Maidana has improved a lot under Garcia, I'm sure he has, still, I just cant fathom the guy who lost to Khan, Alexander and looked terrible against Morales giving Mayweather arguably the toughest fight since Castillo.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            stop watching All Access, Bo...they're getting to you
            It's a young, strong show. I wonder where it was in 2006 when 24/7 was dominating though.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
              When was the last time a fighter swarmed him the way Maidana did? Castillo is the last person that comes to mind for me.

His foot speed is good. Not sure what you're talking about. Perhaps you should rematch the fight. Even when Floyd tried to create distance to punch Maidana closed the gap.
              Hatton? His footspeed was in a different stratosphere to Maidana's. That fight reminded me of the Hatton fight except that Floyd was nowhere near as sharp and didn't have the same mobility.

Comment

C by Floyd standards.

Comment

HAHA WTF?? i missed khans fight but what the hell is collazo doing in that gif?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    It's a young, strong show. I wonder where it was in 2006 when 24/7 was dominating though.
                    looooooooooool

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Hatton? His footspeed was in a different stratosphere to Maidana's. That fight reminded me of the Hatton fight except that Floyd was nowhere near as sharp and didn't have the same mobility.
                      Makes sense considering it was 7 year ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X