No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidana Humbles Broner, Who Wants Immediate Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maidana Humbles Broner, Who Wants Immediate Rematch

By David P. Greisman - Marcos Maidana said from the outset that he didn’t believe in the Adrien Broner mystique, that he didn’t feel the undefeated three-division titleholder was one of the best fighters in boxing.

But it wasn’t just what Maidana thought about Broner that mattered — it was what Maidana was going to do about it.

And what he did was try to rough Broner up from the beginning, pummeling Broner in the first round and bloodying his face, knocking Broner down in the second round and again in the eighth, and taking a unanimous decision that gave Broner his first professional loss.

Judge Levi Martinez had Maidana winning 117-110, giving him 10 of the 12 rounds. Nelson Vazquez had it 116-109, giving Maidana nine rounds. And Stanley Christoudolou had it 115-110, giving Maidana eight rounds. [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

thank god he didnt say he won i was afraid of that sounds like hes gonna be ok

Comment

Rematch? Maidana has bigger fish to fry. Broner should go rematch ponce de leon or paulie

Comment

Lets see maidana vs thurman

Comment

Broner has to earn the rematch. But the contract probably has a rematch clause, so they will draw on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
              Rematch? Maidana has bigger fish to fry. Broner should go rematch ponce de leon or paulie
              yea no way do they throw him back in there to that beating for a second time, he should of tested at 140 like a smart fighter but the bs paulie win made him think he was ready for 147, he couldn't hurt paulie so I knew maidana was gonna come in and crack him! wish broner well in his comeback but I just knew this was going to happen what a year its been!

Comment

Maidana should never grant him the rematch. Had they robbed Maidana like I thought they would, Broner would never ever return the favor.

Comment

Nah no rematch lmao! Maidana won CLEARLY! Marquez would say, no rematch necessary, right? It was a clear beatdown and domination. I am so ecstatic lol!! I enjoyed this night so much, one of the best nights of boxing I've experienced!

Comment

great fight. and a huge win for maidana. experience prevailed like always. the rematch is going to be crazy. HBO better wake up.

Comment

Working...
                    X