Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Klitschko Brothers Foundation - 10th anniversary today!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Klitschko Brothers Foundation - 10th anniversary today!

The Klitschko Brothers Foundation celebrates its 10th anniversary today.

The Klitschko Brothers Foundation is a nationwide Ukrainian charitable organization founded on August 13, 2003 by Vitali and Wladimir Klitschko.
    Vitali and Wladimir Klitschko have achieved worldwide fame and respect not only because of their athletic achievements but also through their charitable work and activities. They believe it is their civic duty to help those in need of assistance. To accomplish this Vitali and Wladimir use not only their popularity and public fame but also their own resources.

In 1998, the Klitschko brothers founded Sport – XXI Century, an international foundation dedicated to the development of sports by supporting young, talented athletes and the conduct of athletic competitions in order to popularize sports among youth as an alternative lifestyle to negative social influences.

Ever since the first professional steps were taken in their boxing careers, the Klitschko brothers have participated in a number of charitable projects both in Ukraine and abroad in many countries bringing people together to tackle serious social problems.

Then in 2002 Vitali and Wladimir began their long term cooperation with the Education for Children in Needs UNESCO project, which had a profound impact on their continued charitable work.

As such, they soon began to understand the importance of starting their own charitable organization. One which would on a continuous and professional basis devises and implements socially important projects – the Klitschko Brothers Foundation.
    You may not appreciate them as boxers, but this is pure class.

Lennox beat Vitali fair and square.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      ?

The brothers are a class act in and out of the ring. Both as individuals represent the sport the way champions should. Wladimir as THE heavyweight champion, with his personality and dedication to perfecting his craft and vitali as a title holder, articulate and looks like a heavyweight champion should, even as a 41 year old man. The fact that both brothers are using their position as athletes to help and raise awareness for various causes worldwide, makes me respect them as humans as much as I do as sportsmen.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
        The Klitschko Brothers Foundation celebrates its 10th anniversary today.

You may not appreciate them as boxers, but this is pure class.
        touching post but you might want to remove the gif directly below of the Klits gloating at the money they have earned from poor souls who watch them beat up tomato cans.

It doesnt sit well with a charity post.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
          touching post but you might want to remove the gif directly below of the Klits gloating at the money they have earned from poor souls who watch them beat up tomato cans.

It doesnt sit well with a charity post.
          There was no money shown in the gif. though. I believe it was a self parody with them playing the part of James Bond type villains plotting to take over the world from their island lair.

That's what I heard about it at any rate. I don't think they're really the kind of guys who do that Money Mayweather rubbish 'cept as parody or humour.

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockXpress View Post
            ?

The brothers are a class act in and out of the ring. Both as individuals represent the sport the way champions should. Wladimir as THE heavyweight champion, with his personality and dedication to perfecting his craft and vitali as a title holder, articulate and looks like a heavyweight champion should, even as a 41 year old man. The fact that both brothers are using their position as athletes to help and raise awareness for various causes worldwide, makes me respect them as humans as much as I do as sportsmen.
            I agree.

I was just making a post referring to the fact that every klitschko thread turns into a Vitali/Lewis or Wlad/Haye thread these days.

Nothing wrong with having a but of fun

Andrew

Comment

good job by the klits giving back.

Comment

I agree.

I was just making a post referring to the fact that every klitschko thread turns into a Vitali/Lewis or Wlad/Haye thread these days.

Nothing wrong with having a but of fun

Andrew
                Haha i get you, just got a bit confused. May I just say :
                prime vitali ended up with his eye hanging out TKO6
                Lennox ran/waddled from a rematch into retirement
                Wlad has a glass chin and only fights/jabs and grabs bums
                Haye is a talentless bum with a sore toe who was owned by wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockXpress View Post
                  Haha i get you, just got a bit confused. May I just say :
                  prime vitali ended up with his eye hanging out TKO6
                  Lennox ran/waddled from a rematch into retirement
                  Wlad has a glass chin and only fights/jabs and grabs bums
                  Haye is a talentless bum with a sore toe who was owned by wlad.
                  Oh no you didn't..

Wienerschnitzel and Keitha will be all over this. Well, if Wiener wasn't banned for a 20th time this year. haha. He's probably viewing this from logged out and exploding.

Or will come on in a minute with an ALT account.
                  Watch this space!!

Comment

Strong first response..... *****(checks poster username)****

.... No surprises there

Comment

Working...
                    X