Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naazim Richardson= Overrated trainer. You cant be considered "GREAT" by piggybacking!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
    OPINIONS aint FACTS...thats the basics...dudes should learn them and their careers on here will last long lol

MAINSTREAM fans talk about the MAINSTREAM ish and only know of the MAINSTREAM dudes....Naz was considered a top notch trainer BEFORE yall saw him on HBO or whatever yall watch....dude been putting in work for years and years....he's respected and honored by those who have a say that really matter....at the end of the day, thats all that matters!!
    well the word "Great" shouldnt be thrown around so frivolously. Yes he might be a good trainer but all the years he has been in the sport what great fighters has he developed?

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
      If he doesn't have a game plan or is nothing more than a good corner man, I doubt B-Hop and Shane would have kept him on IMO.

We don't see everything that goes on behind the scenes so we can't really judge. And we definitely can't make an accurate assessment based of Eli Seckback (sp) videos or the 24/7 or Fight Camp 360. So we don't know how Naz goes over the tactics with his fighters or what sort of instructions he gives them before hand.
      Both B Hop & Mosley have more losses in their careers under Naazim than they had before he was their trainer....fact

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Freddie Roach told that same 40 years old Hopkins to retire and look where Naz has brought that same 40 year old Yearzzzzzzz later.
        3 losses, a draw, a NC and a couple of wins? The best wins vs a blown up Pavlik and Tarver who just lost 30-40 lbs after the Rocky Movie?? A win vs a washed up RJJ? A very disputed win vs Winky?...thats where Naz has brought him.

Comment

Ive Been Saying this Too! For the Longest if I could Remember, I even get into it with my Friends How Overrated Nazim is And I don't see anything Special on him.They Swear hes a Beast of A Trainer, I don't get it I mean I always Thought the Guy Thinks hes Mister Miyagi or Something with his Quotes, He Aint Nothing but a Hypejob Piggyback Riding on Two Made Champions like Hopkins and Mosley Very Well Said TS

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
            Both B Hop & Mosley have more losses in their careers under Naazim than they had before he was their trainer....fact
            both are old as hell and way past their prime. How is that hard to understand?

Comment

another thing is you don't see all the stuff he does with young fighters and in the amateurs. His sons Tiger & Rock Allen, for example Rock had a record of 168-10 as an amateur and was on the 2004 Olympic squad who beat guys like Devon Alexander, Prescott, Paulie Malignaggi, and Lamont Peterson. Where do you think he learned to fight? Also talented amateur fighters such as the Dargan brothers and other PA fighters that Richardson spends countless hours with. Not to mention Steve Cunningham has been a very solid fighter (getting old though).

Richardson has been respected in the game LONG before he hooked up with Mosley.
              Last edited by ИATAS; 05-28-2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant Dgk View Post
                Ive Been Saying this Too! For the Longest if I could Remember, I even get into it with my Friends How Overrated Nazim is And I don't see anything Special on him.They Swear hes a Beast of A Trainer, I don't get it I mean I always Thought the Guy Thinks hes Mister Miyagi or Something with his Quotes, He Aint Nothing but a Hypejob Piggyback Riding on Two Made Champions like Hopkins and Mosley Very Well Said TS
                see my post above. Richardson has earned his respect and has put in quality work for many years. Just because he got lightweight famous recently doesn't mean he came out of thin air.

There are a lot of trainers in the game that don't get the recognition they deserve. John Scully is another guy that has dedicated his life to the game and trains tons of young fighters and goes for the most part unnoticed besides when he's with Dawson. Who do you think really taught Dawson how to fight?

In boxing there are only a few big time trainers - roach, mayweather & steward, and Garcia is getting there. No one else really gets much attention but that certainly doesn't mean they aren't just as good if not better at what they do. The difference usually is they just don't happen to have a huge star in their stable.

Comment

3 losses, a draw, a NC and a couple of wins? The best wins vs a blown up Pavlik and Tarver who just lost 30-40 lbs after the Rocky Movie?? A win vs a washed up RJJ? A very disputed win vs Winky?...thats where Naz has brought him.
                  The fact that you try to downplay his wins shows you have a hiding agenda, fact are facts and the same trainer who everybody praise like he is God couldn't do anything with him, he told him to quit!!!!

Comment

Right under Nazim...Mosley has lost against Pac & Floyd, is there any shame in that? And then he fights Canelo when most people are saying he's shot to pieces so that can't be much good either.

Were there any other losses?

I'm not sure when Richardson started training B-Hop (just by himself) but I'm assuming it was after the JC fight, where I believe B-Hop used Roach, Richardson and a couple others.

So did he use Nazim solely from Pavlik on? Which if that is the case then he's only lost to Bad Chad.

But if he trained B-Hop before that then please somebody inform me because I genuinely don't know.

Comment

Naazim Richardson is an excellent trainer. Maybe even underrated, judging by this thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X