Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could a prime Sergio Martinez have beat GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could a prime Sergio Martinez have beat GGG?

I was debating this with so local russian dude's I know and they said the prime martinez would of got iced within 8 rds.............what do you guys say?

Ive Always thought that the Martinez that beat Pavlik, Fought Paul Williams twice would win..circa 2010

Comment

Yes, I think so, 50-50 fight.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        Ive Always thought that the Martinez that beat Pavlik, Fought Paul Williams twice would win..circa 2010
        Hell I think the martinez up to the JCC fight would of won it.......

Comment

Nope. Dibella wouldn't even risk prime Martinez against Pirog.

Comment

It would be a fight for the ages. Martinez's movement and slick boxing would give Golovkin fits. GGG's ability to cut off the ring would be tested for sure. Although I think Sergio would have alot of success on the outside. Maravilla was a master at measuring distance. GGG i think finds a way to score a KO in the final 2 rounds.

Comment

Yes. Golovkin's defence is leaky. Sergio would crack him with some sharp counters

Comment

I can see two endings. Prime Martinez outboxes him en route to a competitive decision or gets caught late after being ahead. Either way, I do not think Prime Sergio is a walk in the park for GGG

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Yes. Golovkin's defence is leaky. Sergio would crack him with some sharp counters
                  How is his defence leaky?

http://www.boxingscene.com/compubox-...ratings--77719

Statistically joint 3rd lowest opponent connect percentage behind Lara and Mayweather, with overall the 3rd highest points rating for hitting your opponent/not being hit by them in return.

Never been knocked down, stunned or wobbled, yet a leaky defence? Are you high or just stupid?
                  Last edited by T18Z; 10-26-2014, 01:36 AM.

Comment

GGG would be marked up and battered and his toughness and heart would be tested

Martinez survived just as big of punchers as GGG like JCC jr, and a prime Pavlik and had shown the ability to stick tough when the going got tough with Paul Williams and was a sharp puncher himself

Martinez between the Pavlik and Dzinziruk fights was a beast...speed, good power and saavy

He aint walking through Maravilla's punches like Geale

Comment

Working...
                    X