Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd Mayweather beat 10 (future) Hall of Famers ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Floyd Mayweather beat 10 (future) Hall of Famers ?

I just went through Mayweather's record and was kind of "surprised" that I saw 10 potential (future) Hall of Famers on his record.
    Here are those 10 fighters:
    Diego Corrales
    Jose Luis Castillo
    Arturo Gatti (he will be inducted this year)
    Zab Judah
    Oscar De La Hoya
    Ricky Hatton
    Juan Manuel Marquez
    Shane Mosley
    Miguel Cotto
    Genaro Hernandez

let me just say that:
    - 6 of them are borderline Hall of Famers which in my opinion will ALL end up in the Hall of Fame even though some people say they don't deserve it. (Hatton, Genaro Hernandez, Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo, Arturo Gatti, Zab Judah)
    - 2 were way past their prime (Shane Mosley, and some people might say also De La Hoya)
    - 1 was way out of his weight class at the time of the fight (Juan Manuel Marquez)
    - The 10th guy is Miguel Cotto, who gave Floyd hell in my opinion and some people say Cotto was also way past his prime.

Vote on the poll and explain which of these 10 opponents of Mayweather should be in the Hall of Fame (some day).
    Diego Corrales
    52.05%
    Jose Luis Castillo
    50.68%
    Arturo Gatti
    47.95%
    Zab Judah
    15.75%
    Oscar De La Hoya
    91.78%
    Ricky Hatton
    41.10%
    Juan Manuel Marquez
    92.47%
    Shane Mosley
    82.88%
    Miguel Cotto
    67.12%
    Genaro Hernandez
    43.84%

arturo gatti

Comment

For those who say Corrales, Castillo, Judah, Hatton and Genaro Hernandez don't belong into the Hall of Fame: Well, Arturo Gatti WILL BE inducted this year, and no disrespect to Gatti (he is one of my favorite fighters), all the other 5 fighters which I mentioned in this sentence have accomplished more in their careers than Gatti in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by happyman View Post
        arturo gatti
        Gatti will be in the HOF: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...n-arturo-gatti

Comment

Gatti, Cotto, Mosley, De La Hoya were past prime.

Hatton, Judah, Marquez were not fighting at their best weight class.

So that leaves Corrales , Castillo and Hernandez(?) as his most legit wins, the last one in 2002.

Comment

I have to laugh at this f**kery; when Floyd fought Zab that was Floyd 2nd fight at 147 but that wasn't Zab best weightclass do I have that right. So a 35 yr old Floyd isn't past his prime but a 32 yr old Cotto is that quite interesting also. If those De La Hoya, Shane and Marquez aren't good wins for Floyd they can't b good wins for other fighters remember that.

Comment

Zab Judah is on the list. Oh that's comedy

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                Zab Judah is on the list. Oh that's comedy
                Prime Judah won 6 consecutive IBF title fights, then won the WBO title after losing to Tszyu, and then became the undisputed 147 pound champion after beating Cory Spinks in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by BRITISH LlON View Post
                  Prime Judah won 6 consecutive IBF title fights, then won the WBO title after losing to Tszyu, and then became the undisputed 147 pound champion after beating Cory Spinks in the rematch.
                  And that still won't get him into the HOF so............

Comment

Zab judah

Comment

Working...
                    X