Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum - a good man - forgives Floyd (Interview)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arum - a good man - forgives Floyd (Interview)

"Really, I wish Floyd the best," Arum said. "I have some fond memories of Floyd.

"I remember when he came to our offices one day, wearing some crazy outfit that had all the colors of the rainbow in it. I remember, or I should say that Todd reminded me, that Floyd was really a sweet kid back then, one of two fighters who got invited to Todd's wedding.

"He was very sweet but very naive about a lot of things back then. Since such a young age, all he did was train to box and box.

"On another day, he was at our office and was clearly exhausted. Todd asked Floyd why he was so exhausted and Floyd said he had been running all over town to pay his phone bill and his light bill and this bill and that bill," Arum said.

"We told him he could pay all those bills with personal checks but he didn't know that. All his life was boxing, boxing, boxing and nothing else. So I'm not going to kick him now, I feel bad for him."

Its a veiled insult in effect calling Mayweather an idiot...Can't say i disagree but that's what this is.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Sting Ray View Post
      "Really, I wish Floyd the best," Arum said. "I have some fond memories of Floyd.

"I remember when he came to our offices one day, wearing some crazy outfit that had all the colors of the rainbow in it. I remember, or I should say that Todd reminded me, that Floyd was really a sweet kid back then, one of two fighters who got invited to Todd's wedding.

"He was very sweet but very naive about a lot of things back then. Since such a young age, all he did was train to box and box.

"On another day, he was at our office and was clearly exhausted. Todd asked Floyd why he was so exhausted and Floyd said he had been running all over town to pay his phone bill and his light bill and this bill and that bill," Arum said.

"We told him he could pay all those bills with personal checks but he didn't know that. All his life was boxing, boxing, boxing and nothing else. So I'm not going to kick him now, I feel bad for him."
      what?

Comment

Cool story from Arum. Thanks for posting.

also I have to agree with Arum, which I thought I never would when he says "I feel sorry for him". I feel the same way...

Comment

How recent is this?

Comment

Bob Arum is a funny guy

Comment

Btw a link???

Comment

Originally posted by T.I. View Post
                what?
                haha i just noticed it when you bolded it

LOL

but arum sounds sincere. i feel sorry for floyd. hes not the same floyd anymore.

Comment

Link for the dis-believing *****s:

Arum forgives Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Sting Ray View Post
                    Link for the dis-believing *****s:

Arum forgives Mayweather
                    You should always post a link when quoting an article or statement by someone.

Comment

Working...
                    X