No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Showtime VP Responds To Claims, Promoters Chime In

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
    Espinoza is such a lying snake he claims Duva has never approached him to do a deal yet when Kovalev was Hopkins mandatory he refused to air the fight which killed it but goes on to approve Karo Murat.
    It don`t matter that Espinoza didn't want to air Hopkins vs Kovlaev,Duva never approached Expinoza about a Hopkins/Kovalev fight anyway.And Hopkins and Kovalev at the time was not signed exclusively to a Network,so Kovalev could have chose a network outside of HBO and Showtime to fight Hopkins,and Hopkins was down to fight Kovalev where-ever.GGG last fight was not even televised by HBO or SHowtime,so no excuses.Kovalev just didn't want it with Hopkins so he chose a easier path in Cleverly.

Comment

Does anyone know what the PPV model is for SHO and GB? SHO seems to be involved in financing the cards, not just as a distributor but I cant find anything on it.

Comment

I think HBO are the ones acting like babies in this whole thing. I understand not overpaying for mis matches but thats dif then not working at all with GB because they're butthurt about Floyd. All his fights were mismatches anyway.

Comment

I thought that Sho is putting up a guarantee since GBP isn't assuming all the risk. For example, Sho guarantees Floyds purse, regardless of what the PPV does. If it fails to reach the projected buys (revenues) then Showtime, who has bigger pockets than GBP is on the hook.

Thats why there was so much speculation about the loss that Sho took after the Guerrero fight.

Comment

Originally posted by sirron000 View Post
            Is that what you got from that article? Didn't read any proof of your statement. I was more intrigued on why Arum wouldn't want to make a fight with a GB fighter. That's why everybody who fought PAC had to leave GB first...Marquez, Mosley. Because GB becomes the lead promoter so there would be no more cooking the books.
            my bad I meant to post part 2 instead of part 3

http://www.secondsout.com/columns/th...xing--part-two

part one is pretty interesting too, it's mostly about the mad power Al Haymon had at HBO.

http://www.secondsout.com/columns/th...xing--part-one

just reading Hauser's articles about GBP/Haymon and their relationship with former HBO prez Ross Greenburg and Kery Davis, it's like damn the same thing is happening at Showtime. that sweetheart bs really put HBO boxing in the tank and they'll probably repeat the same at Showtime

Comment

Originally posted by I Love Jesus! View Post
              I think HBO are the ones acting like babies in this whole thing. I understand not overpaying for mis matches but thats dif then not working at all with GB because they're butthurt about Floyd. All his fights were mismatches anyway.
              I think HBO was more like: "good riddance" when Floyd left. They didnt want to guarantee the kind of money SHO (apparently, i dont know for sure) does.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
                I think HBO was more like: "good riddance" when Floyd left. They didnt want to guarantee the kind of money SHO (apparently, i dont know for sure) does.
                I agree. The problem is they (herschman) miscalculated what it meant to have floyd, canelo and Broner as part of their roster.

Say what you want about them, but people turn in to watch them and when it comes to TV, NOTHING else matters.

Comment

Originally posted by JDD1 View Post
                  I agree. The problem is they (herschman) miscalculated what it meant to have floyd, canelo and Broner as part of their roster.

Say what you want about them, but people turn in to watch them and when it comes to TV, NOTHING else matters.
                  They still hammered Sho ratings wise last year

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
                    It don`t matter that Espinoza didn't want to air Hopkins vs Kovlaev,Duva never approached Expinoza about a Hopkins/Kovalev fight anyway.And Hopkins and Kovalev at the time was not signed exclusively to a Network,so Kovalev could have chose a network outside of HBO and Showtime to fight Hopkins,and Hopkins was down to fight Kovalev where-ever.GGG last fight was not even televised by HBO or SHowtime,so no excuses.Kovalev just didn't want it with Hopkins so he chose a easier path in Cleverly.
                    Where do you suggest, fox sports one? Gtfo chump, Hopkins himself said Kov should go fight Cleverly instead

Comment

Originally posted by JDD1 View Post

But people dont tune into SHO when they watch Canelo and Floyd. they tune into their cable carrier's PPV channel.

Again I dont know what SHO earns revenue wise from a PPV. Traditionally networks dont make all that much but it could be different.

Comment

Working...
                      X