Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when you say you predict a fighter to win by...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when you say you predict a fighter to win by...

when u say u predict a fighter to win by SPLIT or MAJORITY decision, you're predicting that the judges are gonna score differently? so what exactly are you predicting??

shouldnt it be prediction be stoppage or decision or draw?

i always get a kick out of reading round-by-round threads where people say "i have (insert fighter here) winning by split/majority decision", as if they are watching it from 3 different points of view or something.

i could see predicting an SD/MD if you think one fighter is gonna win but will get robbed etc

Comment

A lot of Cotto fans were saying he beat Canelo by split decision

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
        i always get a kick out of reading round-by-round threads where people say "i have (insert fighter here) winning by split/majority decision", as if they are watching it from 3 different points of view or something.

i could see predicting an SD/MD if you think one fighter is gonna win but will get robbed etc
        ^yea thats how i feel too.
        Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        A lot of Cotto fans were saying he beat Canelo by split decision
        haha what does that mean?
        they saw 2 judges score one way and the other scored the other? slick predictions haha.

if you want to predict a close fight, should best call it 115-113 decision than "SD/MD"

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
          ^yea thats how i feel too.

haha what does that mean?
          they saw 2 judges score one way and the other scored the other? slick predictions haha.

if you want to predict a close fight, should best call it 115-113 decision than "SD/MD"
          It means they know that Cotto clearly lost but they're trying to sound fair. One side of their brains gave it to Canelo and the other two to Cotto lol

Comment

Yea, been laughing at that for years. It's like saying, "Both will win".
            What they should just say is "I don't know".

Comment

Guess they are saying it will be a close fight

Comment

What gets me is when they make a thread with a poll and instead of a "on points" option they just have "UD" option

Comment

That's an excellent point, what they're saying is that they think it will be a close fight...
                  but they should just say, instead, that they think it will be a close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post

Same always laughed at that but I guess they expect judges to have diff scores

Comment

Working...
                    X