Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was David Robinson the best center in the modern era of basketball?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was David Robinson the best center in the modern era of basketball?

On all around game, it seems like he should be. Him and MJ were the only ones to ever win rookie of the year, mvp, and defensive player of the year. he put up a god damn quadruple double, shaq or malone could never drop 10 dimes in a game, let alone go over 10 in blocks, rebounds, and points as well. hes also the only center in the modern era to go for over 70 points, which will likely never be seen again. defensively he may not have changed the paint as much as shaq, but definitely got a lot more accolades for his work on d. kareem has a lot of record based on his ridiculous longevity in the league, and was a little earlier, but he's the closest, to me. was probably a more prolific scorer and moved the ball very well also. he don't count as modern era cause he was playing in the god damn 60s though. shaq never had an all-around game like robinson. shaq averaged 16 and 8 with 2.3 blocks, moses 20 and 12 with 1.7, hakeem was 21 and 11 with 3.1 blocks, robinson was 21 and 10 with 3 blocks. they are dead even on assists and fg %, both won the finals twice. olajawaun averaged more points when they played each other.

boom it was a setup, olajuwan was the best.

Hakeem Olajuwon is the best center I've ever seen. He was truly a special player that could do it all. He had the best footwork I've ever seen.

Comment

Comment

Chris Dudley fa sho.

Comment

Hakeem is the best Center of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
            this right here.

I think the true battle for GOAT center is between Olajuwon and Jabbar.

Russell despite his titles was the most overrated. strictly a dunk and layup player yet shot below 50% in the early 60s. wilt was probably the 2nd most overrated. Shaq would be #3 just based on his sheer physical dominance, competition, era, and stats. He cant be the GOAT because of his defense.

Dream had the total package. Total package offensive and defensively along with playing in the modern era of the nba and having the greatest competition era wise. Jabbar for his sheer longevity and statistics.

Comment

Kareem was the GOAT because even in his old age he could school a young Olajuwon.

But Hakeem was a beast in his own right and he learned a lot from all those head to head matchups with Abdul-Jabbar. I loved watching him own Robinson and also Shaq in the Finals.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Kareem was the GOAT because even in his old age he could school a young Olajuwon.

But Hakeem was a beast in his own right and he learned a lot from all those head to head matchups with Abdul-Jabbar. I loved watching him own Robinson and also Shaq in the Finals.
                young dream was the one doing the schooling. past prime jabbar couldnt handle young dream which is understandable.

competition wise, nobody comes close to hakeem who played in the glory years of big men in the 80s & 90s.

Comment

1985-86 All-NBA Team

FIRST TEAM
                  Larry Bird, Boston
                  Dominique Wilkins, Atlanta
                  Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, LA Lakers
                  Magic Johnson, LA Lakers
                  Isiah Thomas, Detroit

SECOND TEAM
                  Charles Barkley, Philadelphia
                  Alex English, Denver
                  Hakeem Olajuwon, Houston
                  Sidney Moncrief, Milwaukee
                  Alvin Robertson, San Antonio
                  Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 02-09-2014, 01:18 PM.

Comment

I would say Hakeem the dream.

Comment

Working...
                    X