No announcement yet.

Toyota FT-86 with 2jz swap.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota FT-86 with 2jz swap.

Basically the exact twin of the Scion FR-S and Subaru BRZ.

2JZ.

Is that the Supra twin turbo engine?

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
      2JZ.

Is that the Supra twin turbo engine?
      Yes mk4 supra

Comment

For some reason when I hear "Toyota", I think of a little pick up truck with a
        V-6 engine!

Comment

they remade the 86? who buys these cars? that thing looks expensive, and it's rear drive.

i thought you were going to show me one of these, peenoose:

classic, that. rear drive, tiny car, tiny engine, lots of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            they remade the 86? who buys these cars? that thing looks expensive, and it's rear drive.

Nice!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

If I would have put AE-86 in the thread title, then you might had have had a point. But since I put FT-86, you're just jaw jackin'.

The Scion version, which is a branch of Toyota (i.e. Lexus), is pretty much the exact same car, same as the Subaru BRZ, as I stated in the my original post.

They are not expensive, in "relative" terms. You can get one for under 25k.

They are pretty much widely touted as great driving cars, with not a whole lot of scoot. I just came across this video, and thought it was a cool swap.
              Last edited by Sweet Pea 50; 10-31-2013, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                If I would have put AE-86 in the thread title, then you might had have had a point. But since I put FT-86, you're just jaw jackin'.

The Scion version, which is a branch of Toyota (i.e. Lexus), is pretty much the exact same car, same as the Subaru BRZ, as I stated in the my original post.

They are not expensive, in "relative" terms. You can get one for under 25k.

They are pretty much widely touted as great driving cars, with not a whole of scoot. I just came across this video, and thought it was a cool swap.

i suppose i do have a different orientation than you do, coming from an area with snow. a rear drive car here is a luxury. you need to have a second car if you have rear wheel drive. either that, or you need a job that will let you skip work when it's snowing.

when i see a car like that i have a warped picture of the market, or at least a different one. it's not a huge thing to drop 30 grand on a car in 2013 if you only drive one car. you couldn't own just that car where i live, and somebody who had enough to buy a superfluous sports car traditionally wouldn't be looking at scions or toyotas. if they looked to subaru for a sports car they'd get the rex.

the wikipedia page i'm checking out shows a remade "toyota 86" from built by toyota, and sold in japan and asia. as you've alluded to, they're marketed as the brz from subaru and the scion whatever it's called in america.

i had read years ago that they were looking into producing another 86, or a car in the tradition of the 86 (tiny rear drive car, two doors, and fast.) that car was an absolute game changer in japan. i didn't know these remakes were already on the road, or that they were involved with the subaru BRZ.

too bad i don't have a superflous 30 grand. i'd buy a used m3 and scoff at the chumps in they toyotas.

Comment

Nice. There's one thing that pisses me off about Toyota and Lexus. You can currently get a Toyota Tundra with a 5.7 V8 and a TRD supercharger installed at the factory. 504 hp and 550 lbft. 13 sec flat quarter in a 5,000 lb truck. Why the fck don't they put that in a car? Preferably something like a Supra, but at the very least stick it in a Lexus LS.

0-60 in 4.4 seconds in a rear wheel drive, 2 1/2 ton truck and they've had this engine (and a tranny that'll handle it) in the parts bin for at least 6 fcking years now.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...res_specs.html
                  Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 10-31-2013, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                    Nice. There's one thing that pisses me off about Toyota and Lexus. You can currently get a Toyota Tundra with a 5.7 V8 and a TRD supercharger installed at the factory. 504 hp and 550 lbft. 13 sec flat quarter in a 5,000 lb truck. Why the fck don't they put that in a car? Preferably something like a Supra, but at the very least stick it in a Lexus LS.

0-60 in 4.4 seconds in a rear wheel drive, 2 1/2 ton truck and they've had this engine (and a tranny that'll handle it) in the parts bin for at least 6 fcking years now.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/.../photo_14.html

holy **** is that thing fast...

my guess would be space. that's a lot of displacement, a big supercharger, and trucks have a ton of space to suck in air.

space and money, of course. who has the dough for that who won't buy something other than a lexus?

i hope that truck has good brakes. holy **** is that thing fast.

Comment

Working...
                    X