No announcement yet.

Mayweather to Pick Opponent Next Week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
    That's why u guys have "great" imagination. He is getting older...he is gonna fight less not more. Statiscally, he fights about once a year. No more no less. I love how these guys try to make the spin night in night out. FYI, the money is always right there if he wants to fight.
    Well that is why I say the money has to be right, he would have to be knocked over for that second fight which for Floyd is an insane amount.

I get what you are saying though I wouldn't really expect him to fight twice in a calender year, but it was only 8 months between Ortiz and Cotto It was 16 months between Mosley and Ortiz though but only 8 between JMM and Mosley. It does average out to about once a year.

Comment

• Anything but Guerrero and Cotto 2 please!

Comment

• Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
        on the spot....it's part of promotion...nothing wrong with this.

Theyre never going to make that fight and its the one the public demanded. If they pushed it out a year to build it up I could understand but its been 3 years and the interest has already peaked a few years back and has been declining since. They arent even really trying hard to make it. For ****s sake Pac renewed his contract with Arum when he could have made the fight very easily after the contract was up if thats what he really wanted.

Comment

• Originally posted by jab2theballs View Post
          Anything but Guerrero and Cotto 2 please!
          Too bad man, Get ready for Floyd/Guerrero in spring

Comment

• Canelo in that group is the only half decent fight, the thought of the other ones disgust me actually. The only fight that really should happen is Pacquiao. Until that fight happens, the mainstream public will continue to think boxing is a joke. And it is, unless that fight happens. I don't care if its 3 years later than it should be, still needs to happen.

Floyd is a god damn coward if he does not fight Pacquiao and should not even be top 100 ATG.

What the hell is even Floyds best win lol? People make it seem like he is this great. I would say his best win is old Mosley lol, no joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
              You know he is picking the smaller man in Guerrero...been saying this months ago, This is how Mayweather picks his opponents
              Cotto could have pick Martinez or k 9 bundrage for his next fight but picked no punching power having Trout.Cotto said he sees nothing special about Trout. So That`s why Cotto picked Trout cause he feels its a short cut easy way to get another belt but come Saturday he`s gonna be sadly mistaken if Trout don`t get robbed of a decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oh you out son View Post
                Canelo in that group is the only half decent fight, the thought of the other ones disgust me actually. The only fight that really should happen is Pacquiao. Until that fight happens, the mainstream public will continue to think boxing is a joke. And it is, unless that fight happens. I don't care if its 3 years later than it should be, still needs to happen.

Floyd is a god damn coward if he does not fight Pacquiao and should not even be top 100 ATG.
                First of all how is Floyd gonna fight Pacquiao when Bob Arum does`nt even want to make that fight?Secondly Floyd is not gonna give no 45% to pacquiao cause he does`nt even deserve it.He don`t Finance his own fights like Floyd do.Floyd spends a minimum of 10 mil to finance his own fights while Arum finances Pacquiao fights plus Floyd has done more PPV plus Pac lost to marquez which diminished his Value.HBO hav`nt even release the PPV numbers numbers of Pac`s last 3-4 fights cause it was disappointing.All that was released was Arum`s bs numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by el*** View Post
                  Theyre never going to make that fight and its the one the public demanded. If they pushed it out a year to build it up I could understand but its been 3 years and the interest has already peaked a few years back and has been declining since. They arent even really trying hard to make it. For ****s sake Pac renewed his contract with Arum when he could have made the fight very easily after the contract was up if thats what he really wanted.
                  yeah by the time the fight happens either one of the fighters or both are focking broke. it would be as meaningless as BHop vs RJJ II. Not a legacy fight...pointless.

Comment

• Based on styles Canelo has the greatest chance of winning.

You need someone that can throw damaging crushing combos when the moment presents itself if you wanna hurt floyd, that is where Canelo IMO shines.
                    He is also very accurate and fast when he has his opponent hurt.

The only thing Canelo lacks is foot speed, but floyd has slow down so that may not be as much of a issue anymore

Cotto 2 is the worst **** fight in history

Comment

• not happening, this is all rumor. but if it does fall through, it will be canelo

Comment

Working...
                      X