No announcement yet.

Cotto Threw And Landed More Jabs Than Power Punches Against Mayorga

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antwuan Maxx View Post
    How is that so? Morales and Corley both lasted the distance and won enough rounds for the decisions to be debatable. While Mayorga on the other hand was down wide on points and got stopped inside the distance. If that performance against Cotto "raised Mayorga's stock," then his performance against Shane Mosley should have increased his stock tenfold.
    don't even bother with dude. he's illogical. all he ever tries to do is discredit Cotto every thread that pops up about Cotto.

raised mayorga's stock.

Comment

I'm neither Puerto Rican nor Mexican so as a neutral observer I have to say that I am shocked how some people talk of Miguel Cotto. Just take a look at his record: Cotto's resume reads:

Torres: undefeated, came back to win a championship
      Malignaggi: undefeated, came back to win a championship
      Maussa: undefeated, came back to win a championship
      Quintana: undefeated, came back to win a championship
      Judah: came back to win a championship
      Mosley: became THE welterweight champion after Cotto loss
      N'dou: came back to win a championship
      Clottey: was forced to vacate his IBF title so Cotto would've been unified champ
      Foreman: undefeated
      Not to forget he beat former champions like Cesar Bazan & Corley.

Cotto has 2 losses: 1 to a confirmed cheater and 1 to a suspected cheater. I'm not saying Pac is a cheat but there's no shame in losing to a 8 division champ.

Cotto is a true warrior and great of the modern era. Although Margarito is a hard fight for anyone, I just feel Cotto will have the fire to get his revenge.

Comment

Working...
      X