Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alarming article "The dumbing down of America"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The US's rankings in education has gone down since the 60's I believe, and it's only getting worse. It's real sad, and it's only gonna hurt the US in the long run.

Comment

Can i an amen for scrit AND his avi!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
        Americans in general know very little about the world around them, that's a known fact. It's unfortunately that they don't know basic info about their own country though.
        I think you're confusing "fact" with "stereotype."

Comment

Originally posted by SRcrit View Post
          Sad thing is your right

great post
          sometimes I think I fell that way because I'm getting old, but a lot of the kids now a days are really stupid. They all want to be famous and rich but have no desire to learn or work hard to achieve it.
          I've seen this and it was really puzzling. I was talking to this girl about a week ago and she was going on and on how she was going to be famous. I said "what for?" Her response was (this is verbatim what she said) "I don't know what...maybe for being Drake's wife...I know it will be something."

Are you fucking kidding me? And I wasn't even going to hit it, for a bit of context.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
            I've seen this and it was really puzzling. I was talking to this girl about a week ago and she was going on and on how she was going to be famous. I said "what for?" Her response was (this is verbatim what she said) "I don't know what...maybe for being Drake's wife...I know it will be something."

Are you fucking kidding me? And I wasn't even going to hit it, for a bit of context.

Ive heard similar comments too many times....

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
              Ive heard similar comments too many times....
              I mean, I guess you could say I want to be famous. I want to be on TV at least but I have a goal. Not "I hope a rapper gets really drunk, hooks up with me and then...fuck it, let's get married."

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                I mean, I guess you could say I want to be famous. I want to be on TV at least but I have a goal. Not "I hope a rapper gets really drunk, hooks up with me and then...fuck it, let's get married."

Im gonna fck my way to the tv!!! Woo hoo!

Cuz thats all that matters.

Comment

Id rather be comfortably rich than famous, famous=too many problems...

Comment

Just about all of American history taught in schools across the US is white-washed anyway. This is what happens when you have politicians dictating what we should learn. When I was in school, I supplemented my education, because I realized very early that it was taught from a biased Eurocentric perspective.

Comment

I personally find the pledge of allegiance to be a weird and troubling phenomenon. And that's even without the bit where you thank the invisible magic sky daemon. "I pledge allegiance to the flag"!?

Comment

Working...
                      X