Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Besides Floyd. Who else right NOW could have beaten a prime JLC at 135??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Besides Floyd. Who else right NOW could have beaten a prime JLC at 135??

WHO?? and explain.

David Diaz, no but really i can't see anyone beating a prime Chavez at lightweight other than Mayweather as you have stated but a prime Casamayor would have a good shot at pulling off a close decision.
    Last edited by slicksouthpaw16; 08-16-2008, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
      WHO?? and explain.
      Guzman. As much pressure and stamina a prime Castillo has, he just doesn't have the handspeed to connect against Guzman. Also, Guzman has better legs than Floyd had at the time. First though, I'd like to see how well he handles the weight against Campbell. We know he will be laying the pressure on real good.

Comment

i dont know, thats tough. the best chances are the 130 lbers moving north like guzman, jmm and pacquiao might have the best chance. guzman has the talent, speed, and defense. jmm has the skill, and countering ability, and manny has the southpawness, speed, and power to frusturate jlc and maybe even hurt him late.

casa already had his chance and lost it. i like casa, but even though the split decision was controversial, i went with jlc on that one... nate maybe, katsidis would get caught with too many left hooks, maybe juan diaz could hang if he could muster the punishment that results from his love for in-fighting (and yelping like a wounded puppy)...\

tht being said- it would have been tough for any of these guys to match prime jlc... very rtough!

Comment

Fast guys wit stick and move styles coulda beaten him. As far as current LW's, Guzman comes to mind, but he's new to 135 and his chin is untested there. The style Pac used against Diaz coulda done well cuz Pac is a boxer wit power. Those guys could have beaten him but I won't say they would have. Prime Castillo was a beast at LW.

Comment

Juan DIaz.......

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
              David Diaz, no but really i can't see anyone beating a prime Chavez at lightweight other than Mayweather as you have stated but a prime Casamayor would have s good chot at pulling off a close decision.
              Chavez? I thought this was about Jose Luiz Castillo..

Comment

Originally posted by Spiegelo View Post
                Chavez? I thought this was about Jose Luiz Castillo..
                They both have the exact same inatials so its easy to get them confused. I'm not sure which fighter he was talking about now.

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
                  Juan DIaz.......
                  Juan gets K.O'd. Juan's style wouldn't help against JLC

Comment

I think Guzman could maybe beat him. I thought Casamayor had a draw with him.

Pacquiao is competitive.

Comment

Working...
                    X