Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao or Hopkins, Who has the better Resume? Poll!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
    i still think B-Hop's will be ahead of PAcman's after Pac smashes Hatton

when/if Pac beats Marquez decisively it will put him around equal, and if he beats Mayweather he will surpass B-Hop

that's the way i look at it

in Pacman's 3 biggest fights he's 1-1-1 (beat Barrera, drew with JMM and lost to Morales)
    That is a pretty subjective view of biggest fights. He fought JMM twice and both were very important. One could also make the argument that half of B-Hop's wins were against blown up welterweights.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatJoe View Post
      You don't count De La Hoya as one of Pacquiao's biggest fights?

It was his biggest fight in terms of worldwide exposure, money earned, and PPV's gained. It was also his biggest challenge to date.
      retorspectively the fight means little to nothing as a credible win

good on pac for looking great and getting money though

Originally posted by aether View Post
      won againts de la hoya
      won againts JMM
      won twice againts Morales

edit: won twice againts barrera
      i'll give you the JMM win, i was stingy to leave that out... although it's a disputed result

beat shot Morales, shot De La Hoya, past-it Barrera (in the 2nd fight) - they are good names but they are more the glitter on top of his resume rather than the substance

Comment

anyone who says hopkins is a ****ing idiot.

pac man by far.

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
          anyone who says hopkins is a ****ing idiot.

pac man by far.
          I think it's extremely close. Depending on one's argument either man could be better at this stage. I honestly think however that as per previous posts on this thread that currently B-Hop has Pacquiao edged(by a narrow margin) however if Pacquiao can beat Hatton and another big name Pacquiao will have the clearly superior resume. If Pacquiao beats PBF he will be a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatJoe View Post
            You don't count De La Hoya as one of Pacquiao's biggest fights?

It was his biggest fight in terms of worldwide exposure, money earned, and PPV's gained. It was also his biggest challenge to date.
            The majority of us though it would be his toughest fight to date.... but FFs Pacquiao struggled more with David Diaz..

Comment

Hopkins- 20 defenses,drained Tarver,Winky catchweight, Pavlik catchweight,blown upTrinidad and DLH,Joppy,Glen Johnson.

Pacquiao-titles in multiple weightclasses,Marquez, Morales, past prime Barrera, weight drained DLH,

My opinion is biased since I'm a Bernard fan(and I go with him of course). Manny has 6 years of notable wins. Since 03. Bernard's held the 160 title since the mid 90's. Got all the belts in the early 2000's.

Comment

Hopkins currently has the better resume to his name, but if Pacquaio can continue his reign of terror on the divisions he passes through for another two years, and gets a career defining Marquez win and beats PBF he will have the better resume without a doubt.....Thats unless Hopkins decides to move up again after cruiserweight, and beats one of the champions there.

Comment

Hopkins imo

Comment

Working...
                  X