No announcement yet.

Mosley admits he was set up with Peds plus offered 1M to throw fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
    He's delusional. Nobody set him up to lose. Vernon Forrest just had his number and he has no business fighting at 154 against winky. Bad matchups for him. No shame.
    He lost in the ring against those opponents but it's hard to miss the "common sense" storyline here. Those were ill advised matchups. Everyone asked themselves at the time why Mosley took those fights. We may now have the answer.

Comment

So he's saying he agreed to some slimy fixed fight and went against the script and people got mad at him?

OK?? next time don't

like guys who join a gang then act surprised when they're not allowed to leave

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
        He lost in the ring against those opponents but it's hard to miss the "common sense" storyline here. Those were ill advised matchups. Everyone asked themselves at the time why Mosley took those fights. We may now have the answer.
        I don't think the Forrest fight was ill advised. Forrest wasnt some world beater at that time. He was a good contender. There was no reason not to make that fight. The winky fight I agree. He'd make anyone look bad. The Forrest fight is what changed Shane's whole career. That head butt that stunned him and then the knockdown changed his whole psyche. He was never the same after that and fought different.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
          I don't think the Forrest fight was ill advised. Forrest wasnt some world beater at that time. He was a good contender. There was no reason not to make that fight. The winky fight I agree. He'd make anyone look bad. The Forrest fight is what changed Shane's whole career. That head butt that stunned him and then the knockdown changed his whole psyche. He was never the same after that and fought different.
          Not sure if you're speculating but it was plainly understood by Team Mosley and Shane himself that Forrest was not a good matchup for him. They knew him extremely well. He's exactly the sort of opponent that would get sidestepped under normal circumstances. Ask Shane if you ever see him.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
            Not sure if you're speculating but it was plainly understood by Team Mosley and Shane himself that Forrest was not a good matchup for him. They knew him extremely well. He's exactly the sort of opponent that would get sidestepped under normal circumstances. Ask Shane if you ever see him.
            i know he had beaten him before in the amateurs, as well. I'm glad they didn't side step Vernon. That's pretty cowardly. Boxers should fight the best available guys.

Comment

Like his buddy Oscar, Shane has tremendous difficulty owning up to his personal and professional failures. They're both egomaniacs. Not that I would expect them to be humble being elite level athletes in the most difficult sport on the planet. But that doesn't dismiss the history of shitty behavior and excuse making anytime they've under-performed.

Mosley made all kinds of excuses for looking like shit against Mayorga until the KO, even using the "I got blisters on my feet!" excuse that he ended up recycling for the Pacquiao loss after Manny made him look like garbage. Same shit with De La Hoya. That dude is still telling motherfuckers that he beat Floyd to this day.

Shane's story here is just sad. He's clearly making this shit up as a means of trying to dismiss the shortcomings in his career. He's even trying to brush off his past PED use (which he's on record as admitting to "accidentally" using "the cream") as somebody else's doing and he's using the cliched "somebody poisoned my food!" excuse that only the most pathetic of boxers have used in the past.

Is anybody really buying Shane Mosley as a street thug/drug dealer type? The fucking Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is more gangsta than Shane, FFS.
              Last edited by ßringer; 04-26-2016, 01:23 AM.

Comment

From his twitter:

Disclaimer* the stories on my timeline are for entertainment only and should not be construed as facts.... my attorneys said
                This is my Sunday Story. If you don't like it get off my page. You sound stupid to be on here reading and then hate. So let the fans enjoy

You guys need to check out his twitter. Read all his tweets from 1-50. Those stories are quite funny

https://twitter.com/shanemosley_?lang=sv

Comment

I wonder how much floyd paid him off for their fight

Comment

I believe shane
                    No reason to lie. Not like making up a fake promoter and pretending to ignore bribes will get him big fights

Comment

Did he make <50k for ODLH fight then?

Comment

Working...
                      X