Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charles Martin: I'm Knocking Anthony Joshua Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    The Anthony Joshua hype train is going to be derailed by garbage ass Charles Martin. This fight will be as unremarkable as they come yet will somehow manage to ruin both guy's careers. Too far too soon vs. Shouldn't even be there.
    Just had to give props, ur post def made me chuckle when I read it.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      Watch Joshua get an injury like Glaskov did and Martin defends the belt.

LOL.

Standing there next to jim grey after the fight ,shrugging, looking dumbfouded with that stupidgrin on his face,while trying to explain to us how he knocked out joshua without landing a punch.

Comment

I'm not even sure this is a "step up" for Joshua.

There's no evidence that Martin could even beat Dillian Whyte. He's the least deserving heavyweight champion in my lifetime.

And by that token, if you just went life and death with Dillian Whyte, you probably don't deserve a title shot either.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
          Martin can knock Joshua out. This is a different level of fighting and Martin has some power in those hands.
          And Joshua doesn't?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
            Martin can knock Joshua out. This is a different level of fighting and Martin has some power in those hands.
            It's a different level that Martin has never properly fought at so how is it a different level, elaborate.
            Anthony Joshua has the better experience of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              The Anthony Joshua hype train is going to be derailed by garbage ass Charles Martin. This fight will be as unremarkable as they come yet will somehow manage to ruin both guy's careers. Too far too soon vs. Shouldn't even be there.
              Cry some more that's another world champion for Britain, too easy!

Comment

I wouldnt bet on it, but i wouldnt be that surprised either.

Martin isnt as bad as he is made out to be imo (though still the worst title holder in history until proven otherwise). He's very loose and relaxed in the ring (something AJ is definitely not) he has a nice right hook and left hand even if his chin does stay about a meter too high. Hes awkward, southpaw and big.

Would not surprise me at all if Martin caught Joshua with something that had him doing a little dance

Comment

Neither Martin nor Joshua showed anything of notice so far.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout15 View Post
                    Standing there next to jim grey after the fight ,shrugging, looking dumbfouded with that stupidgrin on his face,while trying to explain to us how he knocked out joshua without landing a punch.
                    All my points says jim grey says something about arm punches theoughout this fight

Comment

I don't think much of Martin but I'm not going to write him off either. I did that once with Thompson, who was far more of a known quantity, when he fought and upset Price. The fact is, however crappy he might look in the ring, Martin's a big awkward southpaw with an undefeated record, so he must be doing something right. The worst thing Joshua and his team can do going in is thinking the outcome is a foregone conclusion. Glazkov did that and look what happened.

Comment

Working...
                      X