Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto: I Won 8 of 12 Rounds, I Expected To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Helm View Post
    NO WAY

this is not like Lara vs Canelo, here you have Canelo winning in ANY scoring system you want to use, I can't see how you can give more than 4-5 (5 is gift) rounds to Cotto, more likely is 8-4 for canelo or 9-3, few rounds were close.

Canelo was more effective than Cotto in every compartment, offensevely and defensively.

Cotto didn't fight bad and did what he could, but Canelo was just too strong for him and he couldn't hurt him, while canelo DID hurt Cotto many times.

I'm a fan of both guys, but really can't see how you can score Cotto winning or even a draw, there is no way.

No robbery, the right guy won the fight this time, absolutely.
    Right on! Your post should be put at the top and in bold letters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckfever View Post
      Hmm you think they go for the rematch? Neither has better options in terms of $$.
      I dont think there is a rematch? The wide score cards most likely eliminated that. Plus is it really needed? Cotto really struggled throughout the fight.

Comment

• WARCottotheWarriorSoldier at it again.

Don't worry. "Amazing comeback Cotto 4.0" soon, against some cripples. He will earn another big money fight and lose it like always.

Comment

• where are those gay ricans at lol i hate both fighters but canela won but i was pullin for him cause of the flag WAR EL BANDIDO!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Strive 4 Truth View Post
            I dont think there is a rematch? The wide score cards most likely eliminated that. Plus is it really needed? Cotto really struggled throughout the fight.
            No need for rematch almost everyone except a few delusional cotto fans had canelo winning. And I could care less how Chavez scored it he's had beef and criticized canelo for years. Some of it dates to years of people comparing canelo to his son and saying he was better then his son. So he is biased as all of hell. Every other major media outlets had canelo winning. And look at the narrate after the fight everyone asking and wants canelo to fight GGG not cotto again. If the fight were close it was lock for a rematch the fans would be demanding it. But canelo won comfortably he's on to bigger and better things. Fans want canelo to fight GGG. Cotto needs to go back to 154 and rebound from the loss or retire. If he fights canelo again what different strategy can he use? He couldn't outbox him and if he slugs with him he will be put to sleep. He'll be older next year and his chances of winning will decrease.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
              Richard dwayer also had Cotto winning. This was a roberry.
              you need any little excuse do you lol poor cotto fans

Comment

• I can't believe people gave more than 2 or 3 rounds to Cotto. That fight wasn't so hard to score. Yes some rounds were close, but Canelo landed more and landed the cleaner and harder shots.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• 8 of 12 rounds sounds exactly right... only it was Canelo winning 8...

At least Cotto gave Canelo a better fight than Lara who ran...

Comment

• Cotto looks like a damn Sith Lord in that hoodie with that bruised eye

Comment

• @ 34:10 the announcer says, "I want to cry because Cotto has fought his plan perfectly and Canelo can't seem to adjust..."

Chavez Sr. responds, "it's that Canelo is just too heavy and his body does not allow for him to do MORE"

These dudes had Canelo winning ONLY 2 fckin rounds going into the 12th round!!!

I am with Marquez and Chavez Sr on this one... Fight was closer than some of you want to admit...

Comment

Working...
                      X