Haye V Bruno

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyson & Holyfield aside.

Bowe & Lewis were there too.

There were a lot of good contenders too, where as the contenders we have now aren't contenders yet.

Comment

Wlad is basically Bruno Mk II.

Comment

i think if bruno were around today i think it would be a toss up between him and haye for the number 3 spot - I'd see him giving wlad a tougher time than haye did, but he'd still fall short.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
          i think if bruno were around today i think it would be a toss up between him and haye for the number 3 spot - I'd see him giving wlad a tougher time than haye did, but he'd still fall short.
          I actually would give Bruno a very good chance of beating Wlad.

You had to be able to actually FIGHT to beat Bruno, that was his weakness, roughing him up, Timid, pawing jabs wont get it done

Bruno would land on Wlad, i have no doubt of that, at that point what does Wlad do? is he tough enough to fight his way out of it? I don't belive he is, and Bruno is not a short 5'11 Sam peter, he's 6'4" and would throw more than single shots

Go to 5:00, when have you ever seen Wlad put together that kind of finishing like it took there?

Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 07-19-2012, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Alot of comments here are obviously from fans that weren't around when Bruno was fighting.

Bruno was tougher than alot of people give him credit for and was a very hard puncher to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
              Alot of comments here are obviously from fans that weren't around when Bruno was fighting.

Bruno was tougher than alot of people give him credit for and was a very hard puncher to boot.
              I feel sorry for fans of the heavyweight division who only got into boxing in the last decade or so.

These guys have had to grow up with the likes of Sam Peter, Tony Thompson and Albert Sosnowski as their "contenders"

it's terrible really

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                Tyson & Holyfield aside.

Bowe & Lewis were there too.

There were a lot of good contenders too, where as the contenders we have now aren't contenders yet.

The 90s is one of the strongest HW easily.

Tua, Ruddock, Mercer, Tyson, Bruno, Lewis, Bowe, Golota, Holyfield, Moorer, Morrison, Hide, Akinwande would all beat most of the HWs in this era.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                  Bruno ran 40 miles a week and competed in various half marathons for charity whilst he was active as a pro boxer.

I believe Bruno is on a higher level than Haye, but one lower than Lewis.
                  Pretty much agree, he had great power which would be a problem for Haye. I watched the first Tyson fight again a couple of months ago and he appeared to have Tyson hurt with a right hand. Haye wouldn't be able to take that. It's all according to whether Bruno would land - I believe he would.

Comment

Working...
                  X