Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name a fighter from the orignal divisions thatd be tailor made for todays divison?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name a fighter from the orignal divisions thatd be tailor made for todays divison?

I know the obvious smartass answer is sugar ray Robinson and Ali since they were the greatest but let's get more into detail like for instance think outside the box with more thought. I feel like Ron Lyle would be tailor made for the last 15 years of heavyweight boxing. I thinly he'd knock lennox Lewis clean out. Wlad to and cut up vital. Were talking about a guy who more then held his own banging it out with foreman and Hung in there boxing against Ali. Just like Norton a product of the Ali frazier foreman era. Kinda like Malone stockton payton reggie miller in the Jordan era of bball. Feel like holyfield is his only good style match up against him.

Obviously monzon and hagler would outslug all Jr and.middleweights.today and.neutralize shutdown Martinez.Lara ect. But I feel hearns would be the freakishly tall fighter unlike Williams whod use his range and reach as well as his obvious right hand would be the remedy for slick southpaws like Lara and Martinez.

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
    I know the obvious smartass answer is sugar ray Robinson and Ali since they were the greatest but let's get more into detail like for instance think outside the box with more thought. I feel like Ron Lyle would be tailor made for the last 15 years of heavyweight boxing. I thinly he'd knock lennox Lewis clean out. Wlad to and cut up vital. Were talking about a guy who more then held his own banging it out with foreman and Hung in there boxing against Ali. Just like Norton a product of the Ali frazier foreman era. Kinda like Malone stockton payton reggie miller in the Jordan era of bball. Feel like holyfield is his only good style match up against him.

Obviously monzon and hagler would outslug all Jr and.middleweights.today and.neutralize shutdown Martinez.Lara ect. But I feel hearns would be the freakishly tall fighter unlike Williams whod use his range and reach as well as his obvious right hand would be the remedy for slick southpaws like Lara and Martinez.

Lyle was a second level contender and I wouldn't pick him against any of those you mentioned.

Comment

Ron Lyle=a slightly better Sam Peter

Comment

Yeah in the golden era of heavyweight boxing. Those guys I mentioned wouldn't even be good enough to count as a good win of somebody's resume back then. They'd get brutalized by foreman fraizer Ali too.

Lennox had some skills but his chin was terrible he got knocked out in all his losses. Like I said anybody who could put foreman through hell in a slugfest and hang with Ali purely boxing can hang with lennox for a few rounds which is all he need to land a bomb that puts lennox to ****in sleep. And please one punch from lyle and Wlad be stopping dropping and rollin around the canvas like Brock lesnar when he gets hit in mma. Vital is the hardest opponent because of his sick chin and volume. But foreman had a sick chin too but even he was doing the stankey leg when lyle hit him. Not to mention he's prone as hell to cuts which lyle bombs will do while their dropping him and testing his will.

Comment

Henry Armstrong because he could have fought at 140, the most natural weight for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post

Jake Lamotta would fight at 168 today which would have been a perfect division for him.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
              Ron Lyle=a slightly better Sam Peter

Sorry but they don't have similar styles at all.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                Sorry but they don't have similar styles at all.
                They are brawlers with good chins and power Lyle has slightly better boxing skills

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  They are brawlers with good chins and power Lyle has slightly better boxing skills
                  You know how stupid you sound? You think Sam Peter Wouk lead in points against Ali and almost kill George Foreman? Furthermore you'd think he'd win against the likes of Shavers and Bonavena? let's face it, Peter isn't **** and you think that Lyle, (who would either win by decision or late tko had they fought), would ever get brutalized like that against Wlad Klitschko? Lyle is infinitely better then Peter, even in the universe that you're living in.

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
                    You know how stupid you sound? You think Sam Peter Wouk lead in points against Ali and almost kill George Foreman? Furthermore you'd think he'd win against the likes of Shavers and Bonavena? let's face it, Peter isn't **** and you think that Lyle, (who would either win by decision or late tko had they fought), would ever get brutalized like that against Wlad Klitschko? Lyle is infinitely better then Peter, even in the universe that you're living in.
                    Haha damn straight except if peter quit to vital punches he'd quit or get stopped much earlier.

Comment

Working...
                    X