Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better legacy between Pacquiao and Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Duran, but that could change 30 years after Pac's done.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Again, I don't think people have enough understanding to know how impressive to beat Ernesto Marcel(who was good fighter) at super featherweight in 1970(not a typo 130 in 1970) and then beat Jorge Castro(big strong tough fighter) at Super Middleweight in 1997(not a typo 168 in 1997).

That is a span of 27 of years where he beat 2 top good fighters that were 7 weight-classes apart man.

27 years 7 weight-classes apart this man beat top contenders damn good fighters.
      You are right, that is crazy to think about. The thing is, lasting a really, really long time in a lot of weight classes doesnt make you a Great fighter. Its what you do, and who you do it to, in the ring. Against other top fighters Duran lost as often as he won, no matter how many of them he fought, that cant be overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
        It's Duran, but that could change 30 years after Pac's done.
        very true.....

Comment

Originally posted by KJB View Post
          He has a point, though. Duran lost A LOT of fights, even when he was still younger and viable. He quit, he was KOed, about boxed, by all kinds of guys. His win over Leonard is great, and his LW is great, but all of the GOAT **** he gets is over done.
          At one point he had only lost once in around 70 fights.

Had already dominated and cleaned out the division. Was already considered easily top 3 LW of all time.

Arguably the 70's FOTD

Had already beaten a few HOF'ers.

Why are we diminishing because he lost when he was way past prime?

If Pac fights way past his prime and starts losing how does that take away of what he has accomplished? Or how would that diminish his rightful ranking?

No, he has no point whatsoever.

Comment

It's amazing thinking you know a lot about boxing then you read jro's guatemalas ass post and your like damn...time to hit up youtube and learn some ****.............i just don't see how pac comes close...

Comment

Originally posted by KJB View Post
              You are right, that is crazy to think about. The thing is, lasting a really, really long time in a lot of weight classes doesnt make you a Great fighter. Its what you do, and who you do it to, in the ring. Against other top fighters Duran lost as often as he won, no matter how many of them he fought, that cant be overlooked.
              Once, you start fighting wayyyyy past prime and beyond your weight-class small fat fighter you will lose as often as you win....

But, still beating prime top contender as shot fat, small fighter...Is so damn impressive that nothing negative can be said about it...

Yes Foreman lost to Shultz(technically he didn't, technically he lost to Briggs so pick either or) doesn't take anything way in him KO'ing Moorer. Because, he wasn't suppose to.

KO'ing Moorer>>>>>>>>>>>lost to Shultz/Briggs either or....

So lets not discuss about all of these losses when he was way past his prime and in weight-classes he had no business. Because, that is just reaching...

Again if Pac fights way past his prime and in weight-class he shouldn't be fighting in and starts losing as much as he wins doesn't diminish his ranking.

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
                It's amazing thinking you know a lot about boxing then you read jro's guatemalas ass post and your like damn...time to hit up youtube and learn some ****.............i just don't see how pac comes close...
                Those are good facts he posted and very impressive. I think watching youtube of Pacquiao would only win him a few more votes. Its not about discrediting Duran as much as it is about really looking at Pac's accomplishments pre-welter. Its gotta rank up there with the toughest competition of all time. Duran for GOAT supporters always talk about how we forget his LW dominance but on the flip side we have already swept Pac's achievements under the rug. Lets be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                  I am a guy that knows Duran is overrated at times an the same goes for Pacquiao. What we cant forget is that Pac got to where he is through trial by fire too. In the lower weight classes their aint many that could have with stood the greats that he conquered let alone win most of the fights. If he had stayed in the lower weights he would have been a hall of famer. He decided to try to bite a bigger piece and that gamble worked. Another aspect to look at is the fact that Duran has a losing record vs the other HoFers of his era and Pac is a competitive loss and a draw from being undefeated against his generation of Hof Famers.

I keep hearing people say "well Duran fought for thirty years".So what? If those latter years werent years of him at the top of his game then its no more impressive than RJJ or Toney holding on.

To make a long story its really a subject worth debate and not out of the question for Manny to get some votes. I know it seems like I hate Duran at times but its not the case. I just see him as a human and not a boxing God.
                  Well are Jones and Toney beating prime contenders like Duran did? If not then is not more impressive now is it?

And, no Duran doesn't have a losing record against HOF'ers. He might not have a winning record. But, doesn't have a losing record either.

You just haven't studied the gam(e) long enough to know WTF you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                    those are good facts he posted and very impressive. I think watching youtube of pacquiao would only win him a few more votes. Its not about discrediting duran as much as it is about really looking at pac's accomplishments pre-welter. Its gotta rank up there with the toughest competition of all time. Duran for goat supporters always talk about how we forget his lw dominance but on the flip side we have already swept pac's achievements under the rug. Lets be fair.
                    i still say pac's biggest win is the first barrera fight....the third and second morales fight dont mean much....hatton i really don't see as a big win either for him and floyd..i had collazo beating him and lozcano would of ko hatton if it wasnt for the tying shoe bull****...cotto im sorry but a catchweight is bull**** especially after cotto has to go to 154...margarito hahaha come on diaz? Clottey? Pac is a damn good fighter but when people put him up there top 20 is just crazy

Comment

Duran is the one who introduces the words "NO MAS" to the boxing world and even beyond that. when one says "NO MAS" it automatically brings back memory of the time he turned his back to leonard. "NO MAS" is identified and synonimous to "ROBERTO DURAN" when it comes to boxing and thats part of his legacy, how therefore thats better than any fighter like pacquiao?

Comment

Working...
                      X