Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Uzelkov Furious: Nerd Cleverly, Warren are Both Cowards!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Uzelkov Furious: Nerd Cleverly, Warren are Both Cowards!

With just a couple of days removed from the upcoming defense of his WBO I/C title against dangerous late replacement Doudou N’Gumbu (30-4, 11 KOs), the WBO/IBF #3 and WBA #4 ranked light heavyweight Vyacheslav Uzelkov (28-2, 17 KOs) is still in search of his mental equilibrium.

The reason for Uzelkov’s anxiety however, lies in his past, not in his future. The one-time world title challenger (Uzelkov dropped a wide UD to then-reigning WBA champion Beibut Shimenov in 2010) is still very livid of his abortive title challenge of the WBO current titlist Nathan Cleverly. Cleverly was first scheduled to clash against the Ukrainian on October 27 (2012) in Wales. For five weeks Uzelkov had been literally dying to reach his tip-top shape only to know that his bout with Cleverly was re-scheduled for November 11 in the States. It wasn’t his final disappointment: two days after Cleverly officially withdrew from the bout and chose to defend against Shawn Hawk instead.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Don't worry Uzelkov Frank Warren is getting his dues - he is a sinking ship the way he treats people like yourself and those fighters under his guidance is plain for all to see they are leaving him and he is a sinking ship - I'm just surprised it's taking Cleverley so long but give it time - like I say bad karma.

Comment

Bigger question is why is this guy ranked # 3 and why should he get a title shot. He lost a EUro title fight last year and instead of fighting the winner, Cleverly signed up for the loser, Uzelkov

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
        Don't worry Uzelkov Frank Warren is getting his dues - he is a sinking ship the way he treats people like yourself and those fighters under his guidance is plain for all to see they are leaving him and he is a sinking ship - I'm just surprised it's taking Cleverley so long but give it time - like I say bad karma.

The guy is pretty switched on - he has a Mathematics degree from a leading British university.

I suspect Warren is investing serious capital in Cleverly now, in an effort to stave off another embarrassing defection to MatchRoom.

Saying that, I doubt Eddie Hearn is interested in Cleverly. He has Tony Bellew who, in my opinion, is a future world champion at LHW.

Comment

Working...
        X