Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone gave me 7 rounds that Abril won CLEARLY?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    On which Planet?
    I don't think it is on a different planet~ I would say a different dimension the opposite dimension where everything is the exact opposite of this dimension

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      I don't think it is on a different planet~ I would say a different dimension the opposite dimension where everything is the exact opposite of this dimension
      sounds about right. to me, its nothing in the fight u could say rios did better. nothing. sure he came forward but he came forward and did ****.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        He landed a good shot that wobbled Abril in one of the first 2 rounds.

But that's literally it.

And I probably only remember that because I just this second watched it for the first time.
        First round, he caught Abril with a right hand. I don't think it really wobbled him though, it looked more like balance to me.

However, I think that was the only round I gave to Rios. Maybe one other round, more to be nice than anything

Comment

I thought that Abril completely dominated the fight. I had him winning 119-109 and I only saw 2 or 3 other rounds that I thought were even competitive. Abril dictated the pace, seemed to land a lot more punches, seemed to land all of the hard punches. I hardly saw Rios land any clean punches and I don't think he was the busier guy either. If I watched the fight again and paid real close attention, I might score it a little differently but overall I don't see how anyone can give Rios more than 4 rounds. Giving him 7 and 8 like two of the judges did is absolutley absurd. In an ideal world, there would be an investigation into those judges and they would be suspended or banned for life. However Bob Arum is so powerful right now that he is able to pay off judges and people just let it fly. If the roles were reversed and Rios was Abril and Abril was Rios in this situation then you can bet your life that there would be an investigation underway by now.
          Last edited by JK1700; 04-16-2012, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
            Yes, go watch some random rounds and count a punches and you'll be surprised.
            I just counter punches in round 1 and 3. In first one bout landed the same amount of punches, in 3-rd Rios clearly outlanded Abril by like 10 punches. Difference? Rioses punches were mostly to the body and in clinches, but still those are punches as you are allowed to punch with one hand when the other guy is doing the holding.
            Stay off the drugs, for your own sake.

Comment

Funny how people are so afraid of actually checking something what may prove them wrong . I guess it's better to stay away from so called "idiot proof"(no offence).
              I say Rios landed more punches overall and I stick to it, I just checked two rounds randomly and it confirmed. Still as you see I scored the fight wide for Abril as fight is scored on CLEAN EFFECTIVE punches and Abril was the one who was landing cleaner and more effective punches all night long, I'm just giving you the reason why judges are untouchable really with that subjective scoring that we have unless you don't leave them any room to interpretation. Abril didn't do that, he let Rios land on his body in clinches all fight without answering, what kept Rios close in most of the rounds in terms of punches. You add him being aggressor and here you go, you have two thiefts with good alibi.
              I've seen the fight.

Rios did not land more punches than Abril.

Comment

I say Rios landed more punches overall and I stick to it
                FYI, Punches that land on gloves, shoulders and arms don't count.

Comment

Working...
                X