Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins used to be somewhat of a draw. And now he isn't one at all.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just the times we are in man...

55 dollars is too much for the majority of America for a PPV....

Check out the music industry....sales used to be in the excess of millions...

now going Gold is a win....

We will constantly go down as far as PPV numbers until we reach a new era, from an economical standpoint where people paying 50+ dollars isn't a life decision....

Comment

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
      really??? the fights with Pavlik/Taylor x2/Calzaghe/Wright/Tarver were not marketable?
      Pavlik-Hopkins(at the top of Pavlik's popularity) didn't even reach 200K PPV buys.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        He got old and had a few boring fights.

Holyfield used to be a huge draw and the last time he fought in Vegas there were like 14 people. He's only 2 years older than hopkins.
        Holyfield has very often been in crowd pleasing fights, Hopkins never has, he is absolutely no draw at all, and never was. It was his opponent who drew in any fight that was a financial success.

Personally I don't like Hoplins, never have, not his personality, nor his style, and especially not his egregious and automatic fouls, and, most of all, his bad mouthing everybody else.

Comment

bhop new wbc LHW champ

Comment

because he's an overrated fraud with a ****ty fanbase

Comment

hopkins was NEVER a draw

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                What I don't get though is why people bash him just because he didn't fight Dawson. I know these aren't the exactly same scenarios. But I'll give you a comparison. The fact that Berto comes with a high monetary demand is the thing that killed the fight with Mosley. So why don't those standards apply to the situation with Hopkins and Dawson since Dawson gets paid more money by HBO than what his fan base warrants. Although I will concede that Dawson is a lot more accomplished than Berto skill and resume wise.

I'm just saying that that right there is the reason Hopkins wouldn't fight Dawson because he simply isn't marketable, and given that Hopkins probably knows his own marketability has dwindled he needs an opponent who can carry a little weight where that's concerned.
                I don't think there's a fighter alive who REALLY quesitons his own marketablity.

Comment

Working...
                X