No announcement yet.

Mustang V6 vs Mustang GT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang V6 vs Mustang GT?

First off, theres gonna be a few ford/mustang haters just to say its a sht car so before you do, fck you. Why did you even open the thread? Haha

I currently own a GT 06,its great. Never had problems.Powers is great to me,i dont race or anything, i dont even drive fast. My main problem is gas mileage. I drive around 100miles a day. A full tank will last me 3-4days

Im thinking about getting a new car. I thought of a Nissan 350z,however 2 seater is inconvenient.also looked at 09-10 camaros which i know have a better mileage. But in the end,im in love with mustangs. So i thought of a v6. Will that be much of a difference in gas?

I dont mind too much about racing performance, more of mileage and looking stylish at the same time. Any experience with any cars mentioned above would be great

The 2011 and up Mustang V-6's are pretty much equal to the 2005-2010 Mustang GT's performance wise from what I seen. Miles to the gallon, I don't think they are much substantially better, though. Could look around at Car and Driver and Motor Trend online and compare the two, I'd guess.

Comment

If you're not looking for performance, there's absolutely no reason to own a mustang gt. It also depend on wheel size & a lot of other factors help dat gas mileage.

Comment

You will see about a 5mpg improvement on the highway with the v6. 3.7 liter over a 5 liter v8

It all comes down to how you drive them though. A heavy foot will always lower it.

Comment

Since you love mustangs keep the one that you currently own and just buy a cheap 4 cyl commuter car

Comment

If you drive 100 miles per day, I'd get the V6. They're getting about 30 mpg these days with pretty decent performance and you can get one for considerably less than 25K and customize it as you see fit. Plus you can always throw a blower on it later on if you get bored and still save a ton over what you'd have paid for the GT.

Comment

dude a 350z has shtty gas mileage aswell.

i just purshased a cobalt ss supercharged 05' and its giving me about 25-27 mpg which is not pretty bad

Comment

100 miles a day? You need a Civic or Corolla.

Comment

Originally posted by spyvsspy View Post
                  Since you love mustangs keep the one that you currently own and just buy a cheap 4 cyl commuter car
                  Good suggestion.

What I did when I had my little 281.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                    If you drive 100 miles per day, I'd get the V6. They're getting about 30 mpg these days with pretty decent performance and you can get one for considerably less than 25K and customize it as you see fit. Plus you can always throw a blower on it later on if you get bored and still save a ton over what you'd have paid for the GT.
                    Shit Jimbo, used 2011 5.0's are going for under 25k around here, if you go private party.

Throwing a blower on a V-6 would be very sleeper, though. It's not like they are slugs anymore, either. I've seen bone stock ones dip into the mid 13's. That's old LS1 territory.

Comment

Working...
                    X