Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition is 60FPS on PS4 and 30FPS on Xbox Uno

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Tomb Raider Definitive Edition is 60FPS on PS4 and 30FPS on Xbox Uno

The Xbox One hasn't had an easy time demonstrating its hardware since its launch only two months ago. Many of its multiplatform versions were limited to lower framerates and resolutions when compared to the competing PS4. Those trends are now carrying into 2014 in a big way.

Several sources, most notably the folks at Rocket Chainsaw, have confirmed that while the PS4 version of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition runs at 60 frames per second, its Xbox One counterpart struggles at around 30 frames per second. Both run at 1080p resolution.

I've spent some time with the PS4 version and have been very impressed with its visual quality. It looks a lot like the PC version on high settings, with a few minor improvements here and there. Producing these realistic images at 1080p with a smooth 60 FPS is nothing to take lightly.

If you're limited to the Xbox One version, it's not the end of the world. Side-by-side the two versions look almost identical. The significant framerate difference impacts the fluidity of images produced on the screen, though.

Sony's investment in making the PS4 a gamer-focused machine is paying off in a big way for Sony and gamers alike. The system remains sold out at most retailers, and early next-gen titles are utilizing newfound potential much faster than seen in previous generations.
    http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/ar...-one-at-30-fps

Both consoles are identical doe...

This is an underrated game. I was about to post about the Definitive Edition last week, because I was impressed by it, but I don't think many people would care here. Arcade forum is usually dead.

Comment

PS4 has sold a lot of consoles, and they are mostly sold out now. They are at 4.2Million, XBOne is at 3Million. To XB1's credit, the PS4 is out in more countries, and it is also $100 less. Neither of the consoles have launched in Japan yet, a very important country that will further improve both sales. It also helps when the PS4 is being marketed as a "For gamers and developers" system. This battle is good because it will make companies put pressure on developers to make better exclusives.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        This is an underrated game. I was about to post about the Definitive Edition last week, because I was impressed by it, but I don't think many people would care here. Arcade forum is usually dead.
        The most underrated game of 2013 imo Kev. Game was a blast and I can't wait to go through it again on my PS4 as if it were a high end PC. I just wish the multiplayer was anywhere even close to as good as the single player is.

Comment

Who cares. It's a **** game. Feels nothing like original Tomb Raiders.

Comment

Working...
          X