No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sturm Tries To Grab Kelly Pavlik For June 25 Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
    that no excuse for him to be facing guys like ronald hearns.
    I don't think a guy like Sturm cares about legacy or world opinion...To me he's a European fighter who's comfortable making big paydays in Germany a la Darius M. - My point was that he had a chance to be a true crossover in 2004, and because of a bad Vegas decision he made a calculated career choice. I'd love to see him fight Pavlik, and with a big win, it's not too late for him to do a Calzaghe move for a couple of years over here at 160, seeing how all the killers have already migrated to 168.

Comment

I heard Sturm was looking to fight Marvin Hagler and Sugar Ray Leonard's kids next. GOAT

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
        add to that Kelly is fighting May 7th

does he really expect Kelly to fight May 7th then 6 weeks later?

it's a poor attempt at press
        please that may fight is to shake up the rust

Comment

Well, it's nice to see Sturm actually calling somebody noteworthy out for once. After he beat ODLH (no matter what anyone says, Sturm won that fight), he went back to Germany and into hiding again. At least now he seems ready to challenge someone with a name, but it's not too odd considering Pavlik's stock has shrunk way down now...

Comment

Wanting to fight Pavlik only now is a biitch move, I hate it when fighters try to fight a fighter after they have being on the slide.

Comment

pavlik needs to jump ALL over this if he looks good against lopez, and doesn't take a lot of damage. he should fight on the 25th - don't take another 3-4 month break and risk blowing up in weight or something. This fight is very winnable for pavlik.

Comment

Holy ****, Sturm actually wants to fight world class opponents..... What's next Pirog is going to want fights against top 10 guys and Bute wants big fights with the guys in the Super Middleweight division?

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                  Holy ****, Sturm actually wants to fight world class opponents..... What's next Pirog is going to want fights against top 10 guys and Bute wants big fights with the guys in the Super Middleweight division?
                  Ok I understand the criticism of Sturm and Bute. But Pirog? Didnt he just KTFO one of the Fat Yanks best prospects?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Ok I understand the criticism of Sturm and Bute. But Pirog? Didnt he just KTFO one of the Fat Yanks best prospects?
                    You answered it right there, a prospect. Pirog is 31 years of age and has yet to face a top 10 opponent. It's time to step it up. Jacobs is just a kid. I'm not as impressed as most people because it was a grown man against a child, talent or no talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                      You answered it right there, a prospect. Pirog is 31 years of age and has yet to face a top 10 opponent. It's time to step it up. Jacobs is just a kid. I'm not as impressed as most people because it was a grown man against a child, talent or no talent.
                      Pirog had less fights than Jacobs...

Comment

Working...
                      X