• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did you have Winky Wright ranked P4P

In 07 before the Hopkins fight
    and
    In 06 before the Jermain Taylor fight

I thought he was one of the best I don't pay to much attention to p4p though. I thought he beat Taylor and Hopkins also.

Comment

Originally posted by Holtol View Post
      I thought he was one of the best I don't pay to much attention to p4p though. I thought he beat Taylor and Hopkins also.
      Interesting.A valid argument can be made for him beating Taylor (i actually scored it for winky) but i thought hopkins clearly edged him in a very ugly fight

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
        Interesting.A valid argument can be made for him beating Taylor (i actually scored it for winky) but i thought hopkins clearly edged him in a very ugly fight
        It was my impression that he out pointed Hopkins but It was a while back and I have not watched it again. I remember Hopkins doing a lot of holding but I thought Winky out boxed him.

Comment

It was my impression that he out pointed Hopkins but It was a while back and I have not watched it again. I remember Hopkins doing a lot of holding but I thought Winky out boxed him.
          Too be fair its been a long time since i watched it,i know it was ugly and winky had a nasty gash after a clash of heads,might rewatch now actually

Comment

I think Hopkins is a very strategic manipulative person. He is capable of making it look like he wins rounds when he does not.

Comment

I think Hopkins is a very strategic manipulative person. He is capable of making it look like he wins rounds when he does not.
              Heard that a few times and i tend too agree,although ive heard the opposite too

Comment

Hopkins beat Winky just by the way he beat him up without throwing punches, so I don't have a problem with Winky losing that fight.

I definitely think Winky beat Taylor, though it was close enough I won't overly complain about the draw.

Winky leading up to that Taylor fight was top 5 p4p IMO.

Comment

So assuming you every thinks he beat Taylor, in July 2007 before the Hopkins fight where would Winky fit among:

Hopkins
                  Mayweather
                  Pacquiao
                  Marquez

Comment

I don't really understand your point. "Winning rounds" is subjective, so if it looks like he won a round to you, he did. He might get out-worked and out-landed, but if you think his aggression was more effective, he wins. Now his strategy and tactics are very effective at blunting his opponent's aggression. I think that that ability can cost him rounds that he might think he won and I might think he won. A lot of people just scored aggressiveness, not effective aggressiveness.

Comment

Working...
                    X